Setting up Rasa X with action server on GCP

Hello,

I am quite new to building Rasa chatbots (don’t have much experience in coding in general) and I wanted to share my assistant with external users, so I am trying to set it up on Rasa X on Google Cloud Platform Virtual Machine and I am feeling lost between all the documentation/different versions/tutorials etc. So my main questions are -

1. Should I be setting up Rasa X on Virtual Machine instance or APP-instance? This tutorial is on APP-INSTANCE (https://medium.com/@muhammadhassaanrafique/deploying-rasa-powered-chatbot-to-google-cloud-platform-f4ee2eee5be4), when RASA YouTube tutorials are mostly for VM (Installing and Deploying Rasa X (Using Rasa Ephemeral Installer) - YouTube). I used the one, provided by RASA and installed in on VM instance
  2. If I upload a trained model to Rasa X, the bot doesn’t respond, as it does in examples with default mood bot. Any ideas what is missing? Is it action server?
  3. How to launch Rasa Action server on VM without docker image? I found a tutorial (The Rasa Masterclass Handbook: Episode 9 | The Rasa Blog | Rasa), however, I did not install RASA X with docker, so will it work? Should I use something different? It’s not really clear how should I launch it on the VM as well.

I am definitely missing knowledge about all of this, so any guidance would be appreciated.

Re 2nd: I figured out, that Rasa versions might not match, however, the update method, provided in Rasa docs does not update Rasa version properly and just gets stuck on updating :confused: