RASA X - reinstall

Hi there. I’ve a GCloud VM running Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS with 8 cores, 19gb RAM and an 100GB SSD.

Last month I installed rasa x with “curl -s get-rasa-x.rasa.com | sudo bash” in the VM SSH terminal.

Everything was ok, I could access rasa-x in the browser, could train it, etc.

On august 4th, I was asked to upgrade to rasa-x 0.42.

I did follow all the steps but it get stucked on “Deploying Rasa X …”.

I cancel it because it was taking too much time, removed the VM and created another one.

Now, I’ve tried lots of times and it always get stucked in this phase:

"Installing embedded Kubernetes cluster … Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/k3s.service → /etc/systemd/system/k3s.service. Installing Helm command line interface … WARNING: Kubernetes configuration file is group-readable. This is insecure. Location: /etc/rancher/k3s/k3s.yaml WARNING: Kubernetes configuration file is world-readable. This is insecure. Location: /etc/rancher/k3s/k3s.yaml WARNING: Kubernetes configuration file is group-readable. This is insecure. Location: /etc/rancher/k3s/k3s.yaml WARNING: Kubernetes configuration file is world-readable. This is insecure. Location: /etc/rancher/k3s/k3s.yaml WARNING: Kubernetes configuration file is group-readable. This is insecure. Location: /etc/rancher/k3s/k3s.yaml WARNING: Kubernetes configuration file is world-readable. This is insecure. Location: /etc/rancher/k3s/k3s.yaml WARNING: Kubernetes configuration file is group-readable. This is insecure. Location: /etc/rancher/k3s/k3s.yaml WARNING: Kubernetes configuration file is world-readable. This is insecure. Location: /etc/rancher/k3s/k3s.yaml WARNING: Kubernetes configuration file is group-readable. This is insecure. Location: /etc/rancher/k3s/k3s.yaml WARNING: Kubernetes configuration file is world-readable. This is insecure. Location: /etc/rancher/k3s/k3s.yaml

Welcome to Rasa X :tada:

Rasa X is currently being deployed on your machine.

While you’re waiting please add the following line to your terminal configuration (depending on your operating system this is the ‘~/.bashrc’ or ‘~/.zshrc’ file). This is needed so that you can access the embedded cluster using the ‘kubectl’ command line interface.

export KUBECONFIG=/etc/rancher/k3s/k3s.yaml

Rasa X will be installed into the following Kubernetes namespace: rasa

Please save the following access credentials for later use:

Your Rasa X password is ASHbNaKGBOuxLA0NZY35

The passwords for the other services in the deployment are:

Database password (PostgreSQL): SqeeXUg9iqe0U7WgJfGd Event Broker password (RabbitMQ): oZBHMuSmphPziKH7fCLd Lock Store password (Redis): tbdGuaPtWXvhzTGBk3p5

Deploying Rasa X …"

Can you help me please? I don’t know what else I can do!

Thanks a lot.

Pedro

Enter the following command to see if all pods are running:

kubectl get pods --namespace rasa

Hi Chris,

This is the result:

kubectl get pods --namespace rasa NAME READY STATUS RESTARTS AGE

rasa-event-service-968bf56fb-jllb4 0/1 Init:0/1 0 5h47m

rasa-rasa-production-788c94dcf7-7kdsc 0/1 Init:0/1 0 5h47m

rasa-app-75576cc449-tt5x7 1/1 Running 0 5h47m

rasa-nginx-7f4677647c-kl6sc 1/1 Running 0 5h47m

rasa-postgresql-0 0/1 CrashLoopBackOff 71 5h47m

rasa-rasa-x-69555695bf-mx8gn 0/1 CrashLoopBackOff 81 5h47m

rasa-db-migration-service-0 0/1 CrashLoopBackOff 97 5h47m

rasa-rabbit-0 0/1 CrashLoopBackOff 72 5h47m

rasa-redis-master-0 0/1 CrashLoopBackOff 72 5h47m

rasa-rasa-worker-db6fd9b6b-t44cg 1/1 Running 75 5h47m

What do you think, please?

Thanks!

Wow, you have lots of pods in CrashLoopBackOff state and some others are still not initialized.

My quick-install deployment used to get stuck as well but all would be fine after I cancel it.

To see what’s wrong in a pod, you can do:

kubectl logs rasa-rasa-x-69555695bf-mx8gn --namespace rasa

Hi Chris!

Thanks a lot for your help. But when you say “…but all would be fine after I cancel it.” was it with crtl+c and then restart rasa installation?

When I do “kubectl logs rasa-redis-master-0 --namespace rasa 14:04:16.19 INFO ==> ** Starting Redis ** 1:C 07 Aug 2021 14:04:16.195 # Can’t chdir to ‘/data’: Permission denied”

Any idea why?

Thanks

Yes, it was Ctrl+C, then waiting a bit

Sorry, no :sweat_smile: Try to completely delete and reinstall the namspace:

kubectl delete namespaces rasa
curl -s get-rasa-x.rasa.com | sudo bash

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your help. I’m still trying to figure out whats wrong… :frowning:

From my quick research it could be Redis permission errors. I’m not sure, sorry :confused:

1 Like