RASA-X installed via docker-compose: can't talk to my bot - webhook error

After installing RASA-X with docker compose and connecting a git with the standard init model, i can’t talk to my bot.

Installed docker containers as they were delivered by the one line script are:

> CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                       COMMAND                  CREATED             STATUS                  PORTS                                         NAMES
> b34293ee21ec        rasa/nginx:0.27.7           "/opt/bitnami/entryp…"   About an hour ago   Up About an hour        0.0.0.0:80->8080/tcp, 0.0.0.0:443->8443/tcp   rasa_docker_nginx_1
> f22c64002db1        rasa/rasa-x-demo:0.27.0     "./entrypoint.sh run…"   About an hour ago   Up About an hour        5055/tcp                                      rasa_docker_app_1
> 49d76ff4487f        rasa/rasa:1.9.5-full        "rasa x --no-prompt …"   About an hour ago   Up About an hour        5005/tcp                                      rasa_docker_rasa-worker_1
> 8fd6b296baf9        rasa/rasa:1.9.5-full        "rasa x --no-prompt …"   About an hour ago   Up About an hour        5005/tcp                                      rasa_docker_rasa-production_1
> eb5f31f89def        rasa/rasa-x:0.27.7          "sh -c 'user_id=$(id…"   About an hour ago   Up About an hour        5002/tcp                                      rasa_docker_rasa-x_1
> d74021af8792        bitnami/redis:5.0.5         "/entrypoint.sh /run…"   About an hour ago   Up About an hour        6379/tcp                                      rasa_docker_redis_1
> 7bb95c1af526        bitnami/postgresql:11.3.0   "/entrypoint.sh /run…"   About an hour ago   Up About an hour        5432/tcp                                      rasa_docker_db_1
> 8c03cfc2c0e5        rasa/duckling:latest        "duckling-example-ex…"   About an hour ago   Up About an hour        8000/tcp                                      rasa_docker_duckling_1
> 5f21c233163c        bitnami/rabbitmq:3.7.17     "/entrypoint.sh /run…"   About an hour ago   Up About an hour        4369/tcp, 5672/tcp, 15672/tcp, 25672/tcp      rasa_docker_rabbit_1

Errormessage via docker log of rasa_docker_rasa-x_1 is:

ERROR:rasax.community.api.blueprints.stack:Failed to send message to Rasa Chat webhook. Error: 500, Internal Server Error, body=‘b’\n

Internal Server Error

\n

\n The server encountered an internal error and cannot complete\n your request.\n

\n’’

Do i have to configure something that the docker containers work properly? There is nothing documented in the install guide though. “rasa/rasa-x-demo:0.27.0” looks suspicious though, is that really the correct image which was pulled?

Ports 5002, 5005, 5055 are open from/to any. So what causes the web gui not being able to transport the input to processing?

Thank you

Hi @zipi,

Can you connect to Rasa X and login?

When exactly do you see the error?

Hi @Arjaan, Yes, i can log in. “Talk to your bot” menu i can write, but the input is gone after a few seconds. typing again, the input may stay, but the bot never answers.

Looking into the rasa-x container log, the above message is logged (for each typed sentence in “Talk to your Bot”. So it seems unable to communicate with some component, but why?

Hi RASA, your last released image seems to be broken. Version 0.27.7 does not work at all. This version is currently in the install guide used.

Beta 0.28.0a1 works, i can talk to my bot after adding git and training a model.

So for any other peoples trying to get docker-compose 0.27.7 working … it probably won’t work as the images are broken.

I gave 0.28.0a1 a shot after digging through a lot of errors encountered in the logs and trying almost everything.