'rasa' is not recognized as an internal or external command

I am getting error : ‘rasa’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. I have installed rasa x successfully, still getting above error. Please help.

path is correct??, check it again!!

Which path ?

C:\Users…

this :point_up_2:

Path is correct… I am using anaconda environment

@Niks2903

I had something similar, I installed a lib using administrator and tried to run as normal user.

Did you installed rasa with admin?

No… I have installed it in virtual conda environment

Your path is set in System Environment Variable

you mean path for rasa…No it is not set

try it to set path in system environment

Hi, fixed it by adding C:\Users\you_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python37\Scripts to the user PATH variable. This is the path where rasa.exe is located.

If anyone use python 3.9 version and use rasa you will get error: ‘rasa’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. There is some issue with python 3.9 version. So downgrade to 3.8 version. Try downloading the required version from official python download for windows site and add the python version to environment variable path. Restart the command prompt. Now type python --version & check if you see the desired version. This worked for me.

@mpriya-sv Please see this Installation

You can install Rasa Open Source using pip (requires Python 3.6, 3.7 or 3.8) only. Rasa currently support up to 3.8 python so there is no issue with python 3.9 Version.

On python 3.8 fixed by adding C:\Users\you_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\Scripts to the path. However now I get ‘WindowsPath’ object has no attribute ‘read_text’

EDIT: installed fine in linux so I guess I will stick with that but seems not straightforward to install on windows

@simonm3 share rasa --version please.

rasa 2.8.12 python 3.8 windows 10

(base) PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> rasa --version Traceback (most recent call last): File “c:\users\simon\anaconda3\lib\runpy.py”, line 194, in run_module_as_main return run_code(code, main_globals, None, File “c:\users\simon\anaconda3\lib\runpy.py”, line 87, in run_code exec(code, run_globals) File "C:\Users\simon\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\Scripts\rasa.exe_main.py", line 4, in File "C:\Users\simon\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\site-packages\rasa_main.py", line 10, in import rasa.telemetry File “C:\Users\simon\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\site-packages\rasa\telemetry.py”, line 22, in from rasa import model File “C:\Users\simon\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\site-packages\rasa\model.py”, line 16, in import rasa.shared.utils.io File “C:\Users\simon\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\site-packages\rasa\shared\utils\io.py”, line 24, in from rasa.shared.exceptions import ( File “C:\Users\simon\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\site-packages\rasa\shared\exceptions.py”, line 4, in import jsonschema File "C:\Users\simon\Anaconda3\Lib\site-packages\jsonschema_init.py", line 34, in version = metadata.version(“jsonschema”) File “c:\users\simon\anaconda3\lib\importlib\metadata.py”, line 531, in version return distribution(distribution_name).version File “c:\users\simon\anaconda3\lib\importlib\metadata.py”, line 236, in version return self.metadata[‘Version’] File “c:\users\simon\anaconda3\lib\importlib\metadata.py”, line 224, in metadata self.read_text(‘METADATA’) File “c:\users\simon\anaconda3\lib\importlib\metadata.py”, line 491, in read_text return self._path.joinpath(filename).read_text(encoding=‘utf-8’) AttributeError: ‘WindowsPath’ object has no attribute ‘read_text’

@simonm3 can you please activate rasa environment and type rasa --version and share the screenshot pleas.e

I can’t actually activate anything. I type rasa and get the error message above

@simonm3 Please follow these steps for the installation of ROS and Rasa X :slight_smile:

Note: You can ignore few steps, if you already performed it!

Please install Anaconda from Anaconda | Individual Edition , then create the conda environment using the following command

1. conda create -n rasa3 python=3.8
  2. conda activate rasa 3

PS: If you using Linux, check the environment for the same.

Note: I’d recommend to create a fresh environment if not you can proceed with next steps:

Note: If you not able to install you can downgrade the pip version to 20.2

For Rasa Open Source:

`pip install rasa==2.8.1`
`pip install rasa-sdk==2.8.1'

check version rasa --version its install or not

For Installing basic project:

rasa init

then if you need

For Rasa-X Installation

pip install rasa-x==0.39.3 --extra-index-url https://pypi.rasa.com/simple

check rasa version rasa --version its install or not

You will see some error : ImportError: cannot import name ‘RowProxy’ from ‘sqlalchemy.engine’ Install

pip install SQLAlchemy==1.3.22 should fix it

If sanic related error: pip install sanic-jwt==1.6.0

delete .db (events and rasa ) if is showing alembic issue.

pip install pip==20.2

If you have any error in-between please share with us.

Note: You will see the Event Loop Close error in the terminal, you can ignore that, its an persistent issue with Rasa X and team is working on it.

I hope this will solve your issue. Good Luck!

@simonm3 you only need ROS, so please dnt install rasa x ok ? and if you required please go ahead.

If you able to solve this please do close this thread while marking the solution tick next to this thread.

1 Like