Pip is taking longer than usual

Hi I’m trying to install rasa-x on ubuntu 18.04. I created a virtual env. python: 3.6.9

I used the following commands: sudo pip3 install setuptools -U $ sudo pip3 install tqdm -U (virtual env) $ pip3 install rasa-x --extra-index-url https://pypi.rasa.com/simple

The process goes well for sometime, then it becomes very slow. An error (INFO: this is taking longer than usual. You might need to prove ide the dependency resolver with stricter constraints to reduce runtime) appears many times and it’s taking really very long time ! takes hours and not ending! What is the reason and how to solve it? Thanks

1 Like

even i m facing @Tobias_Wochinger please check

With rasa x version 0.34.0 the installation completed smoothly!

I have the exact same problem installing rasa-x locally in a virtual env (python 3.7.9)

I used the flag --use-deprecated=legacy-resolver, which finished the installation.

2 Likes

I’m facing the same problem on macOS Big Sur

Yeah me too I did same legacy-resolver then I reinstalled python as later I was getting that rasa x cli was not installed when it was installed which I fixed but reinstalling same version of python

It is caused by the dependency resolution backtracking logic introduced in pip v20.3. A fix for now is to downgrade pip to v20.2, with:

pip install --upgrade pip==20.2
3 Likes