Error: Illegal instruction when run rasa

Please help me. I have installed rasa-x by follow pip install rasa-x --extra-index-url https://pypi.rasa.com/simple (python 3.7), and completed, no error. But when i run: rasa init --no-prompt , the error: Illegal instruction Please help me Capture

`

Hi there,

This may be unrelated, but this is a known issue with recent tensorflow versions on certain cpus, especially older models ( see python - Illegal instruction (core dumped) after running import tensorflow - Stack Overflow ). Possible solutions for that specific issue include building tensorflow from source on your machine.

An alternative approach is to use an anaconda environment and use conda to install tensorflow before installing rasa with pip. Conda is significantly better at dealing with dependencies than pip, because it also handles binary dependencies.

However, maybe this error is already known to the rasa team, or has a different reason in this context, so keep this in mind as a last resort solution, I am sure someone can come up with better options!

Best, Tao

Hey @1412392, did you end up being able to use rasa init successfully?

Iā€™m having the same issue. Iā€™ve created a python3.7 env in miniconda and install rasa-x inside it. In case it is a CPU compatability issue, Iā€™m running IntelĀ® XeonĀ® CPU E5-2620 v4. Will try to build TF from source and return with an updateā€¦

update I compiled tensorflow and now I can call rasa. Using these instructions, and build target 1.13.2.

1 Like

Hi @Krogsager @erohmensing and @taotsetung,

Can you please help me.

My env is linux server. when i have the below env Python 3.6 rasa-x = 0.20.0 rasa=1.2.0 tensorflow = 1.13.0 then i faced this issue: ā€œ2020-02-25 00:30:47.132923: F tensorflow/core/platform/cpu_feature_guard.cc:37] The TensorFlow library was compiled to use AVX instructions, but these arenā€™t available on your machine. Aborted (core dumped)ā€

Then i updated tensorflow to 1.15.0 then i was forced to update all other dependencies like rasa-x = 0.25.0 rasa = 1.7.2 Now am facing the below issue while typing rasa init command: ā€œIllegal instruction (core dumped)ā€

Need help in resolving this issue.

ā€œIllegal instruction (core dumped)ā€ indicates that some C code crashed. You could try do debug that using PDB, but in my experience you are heading a long road that might lead to nowhere.

TensorFlow library was compiled to use AVX instructions, but these arenā€™t available on your machine.

Ensure that your CPU supports AVX instructions, otherwise get a different machine. Sorry.

1 Like

Hi @Krogsager,

Can you please let me know what is the suitable hardware configuration for successful installation of RASA in LINUX SERVER. Facing number of issues, and i donā€™t see a straight forward resolution to the issues that am facing in linux server. Please helpā€¦

Hardware and OS requirements

Does my cpu support avx

List of cpus that support avx

1 Like

If you use conda evnironment, you uninstall the tensorflow you are using, and install using conda install tensorflow-mkl

This will take care of no gpu and having no avx to get you running.

Those packages for tensorflow can be found usingā€¦ conda search tensorflow

What is the solution for this?

My machine does not support AVXā€¦ What is the workaround?

I tried installing tensor flow through conda and then pip install rasa, facing the same ā€˜illegal instructionsā€™ error.

Kindly help!

Anyone here???

Iā€™m having the same issue when i run ā€œrasa initā€ although i install rasa by ā€œpip install rasaā€ successfully!I run on Ubuntu 18.04 server @erohmensing

@vinh.nd can you please post the full output as well as the versions of rasa and tensorflow you have?

I install rasa and tensorflow with ver: rasa 1.10.3, rasa-sdk 1.10.2, tensorflow 2.1.0, tensorflow-addons 0.7.1, tensorflow-estimator 2.1.0, tensorflow-hub 0.8.0, tensorflow-probability 0.9.0

whatā€™s wrong @erohmensing? pleasee!