Bot responds, but no message

I am running a trained bot in the terminal When I send a greeting, this is the result. What am I missing that cause a bot to respond like this? I have double checked every file, compared it to Rasa examples, and have no hair left. Any suggestions appreciated.

2018-12-18 14:10:22 INFO     root  - Rasa Core server is up and running on http://localhost:5005
Bot loaded. Type a message and press enter (use '/stop' to exit): 
hello
127.0.0.1 - - [2018-12-18 14:10:31] "POST /webhooks/rest/webhook?stream=true&token= HTTP/1.1" 200 122 0.149840

can you share your domain and story files? and what script did you run in cmd for running the bot? I had a similar issue with my custom action. I resolved it by removing unintended spaces.

I have resolved it by reverting back to a simple 3 stage conversation and making sure it is correctly formatted.

I think my previous bot must have story errors, but it is hard to know for sure because there are no messages to say what is happening.

Even with my simple 3 step bot, hello, thanks, goodbye, if I send a message out of sync with the stories the bot goes back to displaying the POST /webhooks… 200 message in my terminal, but no actual response to the bot. Perhaps I need the default response action in there.