Whatever intent in story

Hello! I have some troubles when I write the story.

In fact, I want to ignore the intent(whatever intent), and use action_whether_to_end to handle the input of user. action_whether_to_end will set “current_stage” slot to “end” if the input meet the condition. In my design, there are more than 200 intents. So I want to avoid use “or” to make this story.

Is it possible to ignore the judgment of intent and go to next step through a custom action after user input? Thank you.

Part of my story (rasa 3):

- story: whether to end
  steps:
  - checkpoint: check_whether_to_end
  # - action: action_listen
  - intent: (whatever intent)
  - action: action_whether_to_end
  - slot_was_set:
    - current_stage: end

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

You cannot do this, and it is always better to avoid a lot of OR statements (especially that 200+ ORs is not realistic).

Usually when met with a problem like that, it stems from bad conversation design. Ask yourself, why do you need ANY intent? If everything will result in the same action, why even bother with it? Why let the user write something if it will be completely ignored? Why not do this instead?

- story: whether to end
  steps:
  - checkpoint: check_whether_to_end
  - action: action_whether_to_end
  - slot_was_set:
    - current_stage: end

Thank you for your reply! :grinning:

I see what you mean, but the reality is that I put a model and some rules into action_whether_to_end. So I need user to write something to judge whether to end in the action.