Unable to import 'rasa_nlu.training_data'

Hello everyone at Rasa! I have been struggling with getting the setup to work on my machine. I am using Python 3.6.4 and I have installed the newest version of the rasa_nlu(0.13.8). I have set everything up as according to the guide. But when I make my nlu_model.py and try to run it through my terminal issues starts to arise. I’m using Visual Studio Code with a Python debugger extension and gets the following error: [pylint] Unable to import ‘rasa_nlu.training_data’ [E0401]

I think I have read and seen all guides there is about this so this my last resort. I really hope that there is someone out there who can help me with this. Oh and I have also my rasa-nlu-trainer working in the browser. Here is a snippet of my nlu_model.py code:

from rasa_nlu.training_data import load_data
from rasa_nlu.model import Trainer, Metadata, Interpreter
from rasa_nlu import config

def train (data, config_file, model_dir):
    training_data = load_data(data)
    configuration = config.load(config_file)
    trainer = Trainer(configuration)
    trainer.train(training_data)

Best Regards Frederik

does simply importing rasa_nlu works for you?

Hi,

I am facing same issue. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

It looks like rasa_nlu is not installed properly in your environment

image I am getting same issue

Hi @babukrishna12,

since you answered 7h ago to a posting that started in December 2018, may I ask why you stay with the old rasa_nlu packages instead of updating to the newest version?

If it has to be, then I suggest to follow the error:

Obviously python is unable to find rasa_nlu. This could have various reasons. Which python version are you using? What is the output of pip show rasa_nlu ?

Regards

1 Like

Thank you, working good