Tracker Stores with Oracle Database

I am referring this doc here : Tracker Stores and trying to use RASA Tracker Store with Oracle database connection.

I tried my endpoints.yml file settings in two different ways, but every time I am getting same error ORA-12505: TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor

Endpoints.yml type 1

Endpoints.yml type 2

For both types of setting, I am getting same error

Can anyone please help me what I missing in this configuration.

@naveensiwas I will go with Type-2 for sure, are you looking for MySQL database? or you can use any database?

@nik202 I have restriction to use only oracle database.

@naveensiwas means MySQL right?

You can ref this thread please: Which tracker store does rasa x use to keep a track of conversations? - #3 by nik202

In this I have mentioned two tracker store Postgres and MySQL.

@nik202 No no Oracle database if different from MySQL.

@naveensiwas Ok, what is your Oracle Version?

@nik202 I think it will be higher than 11.0.

Actually I tried to follow the link given by you in my personal laptop with MySQL it works perfectly fine for me.

But when it comes to client requirement we will have two options and first preference goes to Oracle Database and second would be Couchbase Database

Do you have any reference link for the same ?

@naveensiwas can you please see this link Tracker Stores and read Configuring Oracle# , meanwhile, I’m seeing the solution.

Try this [Demo use only]:

tracker_store:
  type: "sql"
  dialect: oracle
  url: "oracle://admin:teste@127.0.0.1:1521/rasa"

@nik202 I used the same configuration but was getting ORA-12505: TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor error.

@naveensiwas Well as per my projects requirements I have experimented with MySQL, MySQL Workbench, SQLite, and Postgres.

1 Like

@nik202 for dialect it should be only oracle or oracle+cx_oracle ?

@naveensiwas I think it should be Oracle.

@naveensiwas ref this link: oracle - ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor - Stack Overflow

See the screenshot mentioned in the post.

@naveensiwas are you also using rasa x ? share with me your rasa --version?

@nik202 Yes you are right this is from oracle.

@nik202 Monday I will try and let you know about it.

@naveensiwas I not did on Oracle, but I am trying and no worries try and get back to me :slight_smile: Happy Weekend.

@nik202 I am not using RASA X currently, but thought of using it in early development phase to improve chatbot and Rasa version is 2.8.14

@naveensiwas Ok. Good go step by step…:+1:

@nik202 Ya sure and Happy Weekend :slightly_smiling_face: