Rasa x some messages does not reach facebook

we have rasa x kubernates deployment on gcp using helm which is connected to facebook channel i see in rasa x ui conversation that the bot is responding to all the request but in facebook messenger for some users messeges are not displayed

rasa x : 0.26.0 rasa: 1.0.8

hi @khatripallavi25, for the users who are not seeing messages, is it for all bot responses, or only some? Does it follow any kind of pattern i.e. is it always the same users that don’t see responses? I’m just kinda troubleshooting here.

Also, you list your rasa version as 1.0.8 - I’m guessing that’s a typo for 1.8.0?

Yes version was a typo

Initially i thought some requests are not reaching rasa server but when i checked conversation log in rasa x dashboard i can see responses were sent from rasa but that message might have not reached facebook or got rejected

It is not like that particular user is not getting response at all. I see after some time i see user sent message again and this time he received the response

@mloubser I’m experiencing a similar issue here. Rasa X kubernetes deployed on GCP using helm connected to FB.

I can message my FB page in FB messenger and I can view all the chats in Rasa X. Even the bot responds to my messages in Rasa X, but there is no reply back from Rasa into FB Messenger.

@memorizeracks I think @khatripallavi25 was describing an intermittent problem, but it sounds like yours is permanent - this is the behaviour for all messages?

@mloubser In my case, It is. All messages from facebook reach Rasa and get stored in conversations, but none of the rasa replies goes through to messenger. (I used quick install script for the same and set environment variables using this blog post)

It works seamlessly when I connect the messenger to rasa locally via ngrok.

Can you double check your page access token? Reason being, if it is wrong you will still receive messages, but facebook will reject the responses

Another possibility is if you have network rules that don’t allow outgoing traffic of certain types; that could block the responses from getting to facebook

You can check whether you are able to send messages to messenger in general by posting to a messenger endpoint:

"messaging_type": "RESPONSE",
  "recipient": {
    "id": "<sender_id from tracker>"
  },
  "message": {
    "text": "hello, world!"
  }
}' "https://graph.facebook.com/v8.0/me/messages?access_token=<page_access_token>"

If it works from your local machine, send it from inside the rasa-production container, so you can see if there is something about the deployment which blocks the request.