Rasa x docker-compose quick install error

Hi! Is there anyone who can assist me with this error? I’m at a loss as to how to solve this problem. Thank you!

@ketchup-ui please can you share the steps and on which server you trying to install?

I watched the video in Rasa Masterclass Ep #9 and did the same thing. Just like in the video, I used Google Cloud Compute Engine to build a vm instance and then attempted to install it on that virtual machine.

The following are the only commands I used:

$ curl -sSL -o install.sh https://storage.googleapis.com/rasa-x-releases/0.26.4/install.sh

$ sudo bash ./install.sh

@ketchup-ui Ok, I would recommend to used this command:

curl -sSL -o install.sh https://storage.googleapis.com/rasa-x-releases/0.42.6/install.sh

I guess you are using docker-compose installation?

@ketchup-ui doesn’t forgot to mention me with @ and nik202 for fast response.

My Rasa version, on the other hand, is 1.8.1, and according to the compatibility matrix, it is only compatible with Rasa x version 0.26.4. That is why I am unable to use the most recent version of Rasa x.

Yes, I followed the instructions in the docker-compose quick installation tutorial. @nik202

@ketchup-ui Is we have rasa version restrictions or we can update the rasa version to? I guess with the above command it will details with everything latest I guess and even I’d suggest to update to latest if you can.

In addition to updating the Rasa, is there any other method of resolving the problem? It will take some time to update it to the most recent version.

Why not use the method recommended by the docs? Masterclass is outdated by 2 major versions now.

curl -s get-rasa-x.rasa.com | sudo bash

I’m using a particular installation method, which is the docker-compose installation. As I mentioned earlier, I had already started the project with an older version of Rasa, and it would take some time for me to convert the entire project to the most recent version. That is why I’m looking for alternatives to my problem if there are any. Thanks for replying.

I see. You said " docker-compose quick install" in the title, those are two different deployment methods :slight_smile:

I’m not familiar with the docker-compose method, sorry.

Sorry, I meant the “docker-compose quick install” method.