"rasa run actions" not working

Hello everybody,

I wanted to follow the RASA Masterclass but stuck at the end of Episode 6, because I am not able to run the command “rasa run actions”:

Version: 1.9.4

Can anyone help? Many thanks in advance!

Hi @Steffen,

actually this seems to be fine. One custom action has been registered. What lead you to the impression that things don’t work?

Kind regards
Julian

1 Like

Hi @JulianGerhard,

I am a little bit confused because Justé used the “rasa run actions & rasa shell” commands together in the Masterclass and she received a message that the endpoint is established. That’s why I was thinking my endpoint is not established:

Screenshot of Masterclass:

I found a hint that I shoul run the “rasa shell” in a second terminal but when I try to communicate with my bot he doesn’t get the entities:

So it’s None instead of hospital as it should be. And when I provide a City he just says goodbye and does not activate the action_facility_search. Maybe there is another problem?

Hi @Steffen, sorry for the confusion, but that log (Action endpoint is up and running) does not appear since we migrated rasa sdk to sanic.

1 Like

Hi @erohmensing,

Ah ok thanks a lot! So I guess there must be another problem why it’s not working …

Looks like the actions are working fine! because the form is beign called. It seems that the entity somehow not getting into the facility_type slot.

1 Like

Good afternoon Ella , is there a reason why rasa sdk was migrated to sanic ? and since when did that happen ?

Hi Steffen I had a similar problem and I found out I was missing a double-quote in my stories file. You can refer to GitHub - RasaHQ/rasa-masterclass: Data and code files for specific Rasa Masterclass episodes to double check your code.

Good luck

Hi BeppeC, I wasn’t exactly the problem you described, but I figuered out that you should’t have a space between a word that shall be recognized as an entity and the specified entity type. For example `

## intent: search_provider
- I need a [hospital](facility_type)
1 Like

I faced the same issue , this is my actions.py image

class SearchChromeAction(Action):

def name(self) → Text: return “SearchChrome” def run(self, dispatcher: CollectingDispatcher, tracker: Tracker, domain: Dict[Text, Any]) → List[Dict[Text, Any]]: driver = webdriver.Chrome(“c:\Users\go home\Music\chromedriver”) driver.get(“http://www.google.com”) data=tracker.get_slot(“datatype”) que = driver.find_element_by_xpath(“//input[@name=‘q’]”) que.send_keys(data) que.send_keys(Keys.RETURN) dispatcher.utter_message(text=“done”)

return []

I am also having issues with my rasa run actions & rasa shell. Attached is my screen shot. What am getting wrong or doing wrong?

Hi Nazir,

try to seperate both commands in two terminal windows.

So first start a terminal with “rasa run actions” and then a second terminal window with “rasa shell”

It’s not working anymore to combine these two commands. I hope that helps.

Hello Steffen, Thanks for the information. I did try running only the rasa run actions. I was however naively expecting a prompt after the server is up and running to input the second command (which never came). Appreciate your response Sir.