I can not run successfully "rasa run actions"

Hello to all,

I’ m following Rasa Masterclass (Episode 6) and when I try to run rasa run actions the process starts well but then sits there… blinking, thinking for hours…

I tried rasa run actions & rasa shell and rasa run actions --actions actions as well.

I’m working with Anaconda Environment on Windows 10, so I also verified ports, disable firewall … I read and tried suggestions given here, but always is the same….

What do I do wrong? I follow the Masterclass step by step …

Thanks in advance

Run bot using this command rasa run --endpoints endpoint.yml

Hi @Rinal. When you run rasa run actions the output on your terminal tells you that the custom action server is running and it will not change much unless there are some errors in your custom action. To talk to your bot you should open a new terminal and run rasa shell and you should be able to talk to your bot.

However, if your run rasa run actions & rasa shell you should get both - the actions server and an assistant launched using the same one terminal. What happens when you do that? Does it get stuck at the actions server as well?

1 Like

Hi Soundaraj, I tried this command but it’s not working for me. Thanks for your reply

Hi Juste

When I run rasa run actions & rasa shell the actions server gets stuck. How you said the key is to open a new terminal and run rasa shell. Now the bot is working!
Thanks Juste!