Rasa OR Rasa-X for production?

Can we use Rasa instead of Rasa-X for production? How does it make a difference? Is there any guide available for using Rasa in production?

Hi Pooja,

You would typically use both. There’s an architecture diagram of a production deployment here.

You would deploy Rasa to run the production bot and Rasa X to improve the bot as part of a CDD process.

Greg

Thanks @stephens. We don’t have Rasa X available on premise. Can you please help to understand deployment of Rasa with custom UI on Windows Server on Premise? Also, how to keep Rasa Action Server and Rasa Server running? How to generate and share URL with users? I am really seeking help on this.

I would install Multipass on Windows and use our Quick-Installation method. This uses a lightweight Kubernetes deployment called k3s.

You would create a docker image with your action server.

You can also use our docker compose based install.

Greg

@stephens, we don’t have Rasa X available in our Artifactory. I would need to download Rasa X and then make it available in artifactory after due diligence.

1. Can you help with easy installation on Windows without Rasa X? OR
  2. From where to download Rasa X library to make it available in our Artifactory?

Thanks

You can use the docker-compose install and remove rasa-x.

Thanks @stephens ! When you say remove Rasa X, does that mean skip the steps of Rasa X from docker-compose?

Open the docker-compose.yml and remove the rasa-x block so that it doesn’t pull the image and run the container.

Thanks @stephens. One more query, I do not see requirements.txt used anywhere in docker file. Don’t we need to add all required libraries that we install on our local for setting up Rasa? eg. ujson, tensorflow, rasa

For Rasa OSS, the dependencies are installed by poetry here.

Okay. And I assume, this is mandatory to include. Do we need to use this as is? This is Ubuntu. Is this available for Windows?

Hey @stephens, can you please help me to know what should be the contents of pytest.ini? My pipleline is failing with below error

Successfully installed coverage-5.3 iniconfig-1.1.1 pluggy-0.13.1 py-1.9.0 pytest-6.1.2 pytest-cov-2.10.1 toml-0.10.2

• ‘[’ -d tests ‘]’

• python -m pytest

============================= test session starts ==============================

platform linux – Python 3.6.9, pytest-6.1.2, py-1.9.0, pluggy-0.13.1

rootdir: /pathof rootdir, configfile: pytest.ini

plugins: cov-2.10.1

collected 0 items

============================ no tests ran in 0.04s =============================

script returned exit code 5

If you look at the Makefile in the financial-demo project you’ll see pytest and the tests are found in the tests directory. Please start a new thread if you have follow-up.