Rasa 1.1.8 incompatible with Rasa X 0.20?

Today I cleared my docker environment and restarted Rasa and Rasa X to get the latest versions. Now I get the following lines on the console when starting Rasa X. Besides that there also seems to be a bug in the code. The required version is currently displayed as “None”.

Console:

rasa-x_1           | Version of model 20190730-094937.tar.gz version is not compatible. The model was trained with Rasa version 1.1.8 but the current Rasa requires a minimum version of **None**.Please retrain your model with a more recent Rasa version.
rasa-x_1           | Version of model 20190730-100238.tar.gz version is not compatible. The model was trained with Rasa version 1.1.8 but the current Rasa requires a minimum version of **None**.Please retrain your model with a more recent Rasa version.
1 Like

Hm, that log is defintely incorrect, probably because it’s not a minimum version but rather a maximum version – in any case, the local version of rasa x 0.20.0 currently runs on rasa 1.1.7, so I’d recommend that one. We’re working on making the compatibility between rasa and rasa x clearer, since in docker you have to define which version of rasa you’re using.

Thanks for the information. We used the lastest version for both in docker, which caused problems, we currently use 1.1.6 with 0.20, we found that version functioned.

I have the same issue with rasa-x 0.20.0 but using rasa 1.1.7 or 1.1.6 did not fix it (see all three models below). I am running Rasa X locally using the rasa x command.

Version of model 20190808-185353.tar.gz version is not compatible. The model was trained with Rasa version 1.1.8 but the current Rasa requires a minimum version of None.Please retrain your model with a more recent Rasa version.
Version of model 20190809-104946.tar.gz version is not compatible. The model was trained with Rasa version 1.1.7 but the current Rasa requires a minimum version of None.Please retrain your model with a more recent Rasa version.
Version of model 20190809-112639.tar.gz version is not compatible. The model was trained with Rasa version 1.1.6 but the current Rasa requires a minimum version of None.Please retrain your model with a more recent Rasa version.

Thanks @nbeuchat. I ran into this issue today. I’ve already created an issue, we will look into it :slight_smile:

Thanks! I’m using the 1.1.6 model in Rasa X (didn’t try the other two) and it works fine. Probably just a logging issue

Do you have an update regarding the compatibility between Rasa X and Rasa?