Issue with the Form Action

Hi Team,

I am getting issue with Form Action, Once all the slots are filled and even after deactivating the current form every next conversation went to default_fallback_action. Can you please help with this abnormality of Rasa. Its only getting reset after triggering the action_restart. Is there any way to continue the conversation on the same thread without restarting the entire thread. I have implement AllSlotReset() as well but still its not coming out of that Form Action.

Can you show me what your stories look like?

Basic FLow

• greet
    • utter_greet
  • request_onboard
    • onboard_form
    • slot{“requested_slot”:“migration”}
  • affirm
    • onboard_form
    • slot{“migration”:true}
    • slot{“requested_slot”:“project_name”}
  • inform{“project_name”:“ESUVTYUI”}
    • onboard_form
    • slot{“project_name”:“ESUVTYUI”}
    • slot{“requested_slot”:“id”}
  • inform{“id”:“henry”}
    • onboard_form
    • slot{“id”:“henry”}
    • slot{“requested_slot”:“domain”}
  • inform{“domain”:“SALES”}
    • onboard_form
    • slot{“domain”:“SALES”}
    • slot{“requested_slot”:“feedback”}
  • inform
    • onboard_form
    • slot{“feedback”:“Its good”}
    • slot{“requested_slot”:null}
  • thankyou
    • utter_noworries

please take a look at the forms docs page, this is not the correct story format. Forms

Hi Akelad,

Thanks for reviewing the story. I have removed all other stories and implement the simple one. It’s kind of improved a lot as of now, but once all the slots are filled and after completing the on-going conversation if I initiate the new conversation on the same thread its going to default fallback action. Can you please suggest how can i avoid this. PFB Story as of now.

on-board form Story

• greet
    • utter_greet
  • request_onboard
    • onboard_form
    • form{“name”: “onboard_form”}
    • form{“name”: null}
    • utter_slots_values

Many Thanks for your suggestion.

@Raju Can you share your debug log for Rasa Core?

@tyd Thanks for your response, but I can’t see anything captured under rasa_core.log file. Is there any way we can track log in rasa_core.log file? JFYI , As of now I am not using the Enterprise edition.

I guess there are certain issues with Form Action. After all the slots are filled it’s not closing the active form. Do we need to use action_deactivate_form to get rid of active form?

1 Like

Once all the slots are filled and uttering the slot values , if again I utter greet, why its considering the next action as action_default_fallback?

1 Like

I guess, your story is still incorrect. Please try

## on-board form Story
* greet
  * utter_greet
* request_onboard
  * onboard_form
  * form{“name”: “onboard_form”}

It’s not able to recognize the above story, even greet is failing and redirected to action_default_fallback. Can you provide me some sample stories apart from formbot wherein post form action, its able to recognize the general conversation.

Sara, our Rasa demo bot, is using forms. You can find an example story here: rasa-demo/closetheloop.md at master · RasaHQ/rasa-demo · GitHub

Can you maybe share your config.yml file and your complete story file? Then I can have a closer look. Thanks.

Configuration for Rasa NLU.

Components

language: en pipeline: supervised_embeddings

Configuration for Rasa Core.

Policies

policies:

• name: MemoizationPolicy
  • name: KerasPolicy
  • name: MappingPolicy
  • name: FormPolicy
  • name: “FallbackPolicy” nlu_threshold: 0.4 core_threshold: 0.3 fallback_action_name: “action_default_fallback”

onboard form Story

• greet
    • utter_greet
  • request_onboard
    • onboard_form
    • form{“name”: “onboard_form”}
    • form{“name”: null}
    • utter_slots_values

Greet Story

• greet
    • utter_greet

Hi @Tanja,

Can you please elaborate how all the slots are reset to none once all the slots are filled and ready to take the next new conversation in sara?

• form{“name”: null} --> I guess it’s not serving that purpose.

Hey there @Raju. I think this unfortunately might be a rasa x bug. To be clear, did you create this story via interactive learning from within the Rasa X UI?

Hi @erohmensing,

I tried earlier creating the stories via interactive learning using Rasa X UI, later I was suggested by one of the Rasa team member to follow the standard template . So as of now all stories are created as part of standard template only.

When can we expect that bug to be fixed?

We are working on it! It will not make the next release as we have focused a lot on UI fixes but will be in a future release, we still have to debug what exactly is going wrong. In the meantime you can still create stories with forms via interactive learning in the command line.