Form Action Issue

Hi Team,

I am getting issue with Form Action. Every utterance is going to action_default_fallback once the form action is completed. Is there anyway we can continue the subsequent conversation in the same thread without action_restart?

Hi @Raju - can you please add a minimal example that reproduces this behaviour? maybe a simple form with a single required slot

on-board form Story

• greet
    • utter_greet
  • request_onboard
    • onboard_form
    • form{“name”: “onboard_form”}
    • form{“name”: null}
    • utter_slots_values

Greet Story

• greet
    • utter_greet

If you implement the above story and once the form action is completed followed by submit function an d utterence of slot values , in the same conversation thread even if i say Hi (greet utterance), its going to action_default_fallback. Post restart its working fine.

I think I’ve encountered similar issues. Basically I use action_restart after a successful interaction (which is a flow of like 10 intents), or otherwise it keeps the slots filled in my case. Whenever the interaction messes up in the middle of that long flow I kinda have a problem :smiley: My thinking is that the bot simply never learned to deal with early ending of the interaction, so maybe stories that cover that scenario could help. A crutch solution would be Fallback policy triggering action_restart after messing up 2 or 3 times in a row. For your case, the bot obviously has sort of a “memory”, where it remember the last 5 (depends on settings/default) things that happened and from that it tries to figure out what to do next. Given that it’ll remember your on-board flow, but never saw a story which connects to that it then simply doesn’t know what to do. I’m not sure if this fixes it, but it could work if you cover the stories enough so that it can make decisions from a point where it say remembers the last 5 things that happened (I think Memoization policy decides how many interactions are stored/remembered).