HTTPS Webhooks on Windows Server VM

Hi guys, I’m currently stuck on this issue. I wanted to connect my RASA to a Web App Bot in Azure to be used on Teams. I have set my inbound port and firewall so I am able to access RASA but I noticed that Azure only lets you use HTTPS as an endpoint.

So currently my endpoint is: http://20.1.1.1:5005/webhooks/rest/webhook.

How to make it work in HTTPS

What should I do?

May be this video will help you.

Even though it is for Rasa X, the same procedure can still be followed

Thanks for that video but a bit hard to follow since I’m using a Windows Machine. Do you have an alternative way to do it on a Windows Server?

Thanks again, I found a solution that works on Windows which is using ngrok Connecting to Messaging and Voice Channels (rasa.com) but found a new issue. I’m now getting an error

2021-01-08 03:41:41 ERROR    rasa.core.channels.rest  - An exception occured while handling user message 'None'.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\programdata\anaconda3\envs\installingrasa\lib\site-packages\rasa\core\channels\rest.py", line 126, in receive
    metadata=metadata,
  File "c:\programdata\anaconda3\envs\installingrasa\lib\site-packages\rasa\core\channels\channel.py", line 85, in handler

When I try using Web Chat on my Web App Bot. Any ideas?

hey @franzbuenaventura how are you connecting the bot with your webchat, from the above error it looks like you are using REST Channel and issue seems to be with the metadata part of the code.

Hi Jitesh, so I followed souvikg10 here in Microsoft Bot Framework Connection - Rasa Open Source - Rasa Community Forum

He mention that it would be quicker to use Azure Web Bot Service which I did. So anyways I did and followed the last part of this thread Rasa and MS Teams Integration - Rasa Open Source - Rasa Community Forum which adds the credential.

I did 2 test, one of which is using the “Test in Web Chat” in Azure which is a used for testing the messaging endpoint and the second one is publishing it on Teams

Both test lead to the same error above. Am I missing something and that is the reason why it is using REST instead of botframework?

hey @franzbuenaventura, sorry for the late reply. Do you have any logs?