How to use Solutions & Mentions

Hey Rasa @community,

As our community continues to grow we want to make sure that our forum not only remains a place for meaningful discussion, but also somewhere to share or gather useful resources and get answers to your technical questions.

With that in mind, I’d like to highlight a couple of forum features that are available to us that will help us maintain it a pleasant space for everyone: “Solutions” and “Mentions.”

1. Accepting “Solutions” where possible

What is the “Solution” feature?

This allows users to indicate that their topic is solved by accepting a post as the solution. Solved topics are also marked with check on the topic list.

What are the benefits of using it for the community?

By accepting useful replies as solutions, the solution is automatically displayed inside the first post. This will help other community members looking for this information find it much quicker.

Here’s a great example of this in action, pretty neat right? :slight_smile:

2. Using “Mentions”

What are mentions?

Mentions are used to get someone’s attention on the forum by typing @ followed by their name.

Like this: @emma

However, if Mentions are used too often, they can have the opposite effect, making it can make it more difficult to efficiently review incoming questions.

So what’s the best way to use them?

Here are a couple of examples of great ways to use mentions:

What should I avoid?

Please avoid mentioning multiple people from the community or Rasa team in one post. We kindly ask for your patience while someone from our community or Rasa team get to your questions as soon as possible.

We very much appreciate everyone’s support in maintaining this forum as a great place to connect with fellow community members!

If you have any questions about these features or suggestions on how we can improve our forum, please reach out and let us know. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@Emma Its should be nice if the user close the post/thread with the solution. It would be great help for others, rather they read all the post they can directly go to the solution post/thread that will minimise the confusion and save time. If not there should be another option, open or seeking solution yet etc, so that users can find that it’s still not have any solution yet and it should me mandatory to the all users to close the post or set the other proposed option. I had observed over a past months whilst providing the solutions, that there are replicated threads of one errors, because the users not able to find the solution, so they created a new thread. If there is new option open or seeking solution, this can me minimised. Regards Nik.

5 Likes