How to schedule a reminder before every "action_listen" action

What is the best way to schedule a reminder before calling “action_listen” action. I want to schedule a reminder before action_listen to remind user if they doesn’t respond for n seconds.

I have already tried the below approaches

1. Returning a ReminderScheduled() as a followup action in “action_listen”. This doesn’t work because once action_listen in predicted, no further actions are processed.
  2. Tried scheduling it at the end of BotUttered event - This does not suit my workflow and it didn’t work either.

Try writting your own custom action_listen in your custom actions. I guess you can override the default implementation of action classes by adding them to the domain file.

@ChikkaUdayaSai

Thank you for the suggestion. I have already tried this. This problem with this approach is anything that gets returned from action_listen won’t get processed (by design).

So In my case, if I return the reminder_scheduled event in the return of action_listen, it was being ignored.

I managed to tweak the core file (processor.py) and made it work. The logic is if the next action is going to be action_listen, Schedule a reminder and it works.

Perfect. Thanks for letting me know