Help needed ! How to allow the chatbot to display options for user to select

Hi I am new to Rasa ! and i am working on the requirement to create a chat bot using rasa, Now i need help on how to allow the chat bot to display the list of options so that user can type answer

for eg Bot : how severe is your headache option1 : Mild Option 2: Moderate option 3: severe

but currently i have defined these values in my domain file under slots and templates i am not getting the desired result ! pls help

Img1: 1

Here ‘utter_confirm’ is a template in domain file in which there are 2 buttons Correct & Incorrect. ‘payload’ is used for matching of the intent.

In your case, buttons can be ‘mild’,‘moderate’,‘severe’ and its respective payloads can be matching intents.

Img2:2

This is the output of buttons if you are running ‘rasa shell’

Img3:3

This is the output of buttons if you are running ‘rasa x’

Thanks @varunsapre10

currently my structure in domain file been

slots: symptom: type: text sideeffect: type: text Severity: type: categorical values: - Mild - Moderate - Severe

utter_askSeverity: - text: “Can you explain the level of the severity of your symptom,choose any one of these” buttons: - title: “Mild” payload: “/Confirm_severity{“Severity”:“Mild”}” - title: “Moderate” payload: “/Confirm_severity{“Severity”:“Moderate”}” - title: “Severe” payload: “/Confirm_severity{“Severity”:“Severe”}”

is this fine to proceed with or am i missing some thing , also i have defined my conversations in templates , is that actions file is mandatory apart from this

I’m not able to understand the indentation here in the forum. Try running and then reply with a screeshot if any errors.

The actions file is mandatory if you have a custom action, if not then it is not mandatory.

below is my domain template format

story snippet image

output :its not been taken up bot , means the question is been skipped and moved to thanks

did you add ‘utter_confirm’ to the action list in domain file? Also, run the action server this time.

yes i added in my domain file under actions , sry can you explain me how to execute action server , i am completely new to rasa

You can execute the action server by ‘rasa run actions’ and then in another terminal ‘rasa shell’ or ‘rasa x’.

EDIT : After the ‘utter_confirm’ you should check if any of the intent from mild,moderate,severe is met or not. ex:

• check_severity
    • utter_confirm
  • mild OR moderate OR severe
    • utter_xyz

This shows how when utter_confirm is executed, if ‘correct’ intent is met, then ‘action_xyz’ is performed.

This shows the payloads that i have used which should be similar to the intent. if correct is my intent then that should be my payload as well.

1 Like

Kindly refer Actions for more info on the usage of actions.

Thanks @varunsapre10 ! issue been resolved