Getting Error in Google assistant when running the project

Hi,

I am trying to connect RASA with Google Assistant as mentioned in the blog Going beyond ‘Hey Google’: building a Rasa-powered Google Assistant

Rasa version: 1.0.0 rasa_core: 0.14.5

I am running this project using “rasa run” command .But it showing one error.That is

Exception: Failed to find input channel class for ‘credentials’. Unknown input channel. Check your credentials configuration to make sure the mentioned channel is not misspelled. If you are creating your own channel, make sure it is a proper name of a class in a module.

How to solve this error.please help me

Thank you

Hi there @Bunny99, We are currently working on fixing this tutorial to run on the new versions of rasa, and we will let the community know when it is up to date!

Hi

Is it solve ? I’m checking everyday and I can’t get rid of the error with trying to put ga_connector_updated in credentials

Yes it is solved.

But right now I got the error. I generate the action.json I add to credentials I put the ga_connector.yml I put the ga_connector.py I try rasa run and i have the error. I checked, make sur I have the proper name.

I need to update rasa ? I don’t understand why I still have the error.

can you show me the Error please…!

which rasa version you are using (we need rasa 1.0.0)

I m using rasa 1.0.0 File “c:\users\cyril\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\rasa\core\run.py”, line 56, in _create_single_channel

"is a proper name of a class in a module.".format(channel)

The error Exception: Failed to find input channel class for ‘ga_connector_updated.GoogleConnector’. Unknown input channel. Check your credentials configuration to make sure the mentioned channel is not misspelled. If you are creating your own channel, make sure it is a proper name of a class in a module.

My credentials rest: slack: slack_token: “xoxb-XXXXXXXX” rasa: url: “http://localhost:5002/api” facebook: verify: “XXXXXX” secret: “XXXXXXXXXXXXX” page-access-token: “XXXXXXXXX” ga_connector_updated.GoogleConnector username: “Julien”

I believe you need to add the folder which contains ‘ga_connector_updated.py’ to Python path. I am using anaconda on Windows10 and I did that by running: set PYTHONPATH=%PYTHONPATH%;C:\path-to-module

1 Like

Hello Bunny99,

I face the same problem as you in credentials.yml . When I rasa run it gave the same error as you.

How you solve it? How do I know the username: "jp" value? Is the "jp" replaced by our own email? And how do I put the google api’s key in this credentials.yml file?

Sorry for my english. Thankyou.

That username is not a problem. You can specify the credentials.yml file like below.Evereyone providing normal api key. But we are providing Geolocation api key in credentials.yml

credentials.yml

credentials:

GOOGLE_KEY: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX(Your Geolocation Map api key)

Great, it was this. Thank you!

did it work for you with rasa 1.0?

I have no errors but I keep getting an error from ngrok and no reply from google assistant Refer to this post for full details:

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

The tutorial just has been updated. Give it a try :slight_smile:

Thank you Juste

wow that’s great thank you Juste