Error when running action server and in weather bot

Help please In action server error is AttributeError: ‘ApixuClient’ object has no attribute ‘getcurrent’ and in shell error is - Encountered an exception while running action ‘action_weather’. Bot will continue, but the actions events are lost. Make sure to fix the exception in your custom code.

looks like you have some error in your action code. I did the weather bot before you may refer to my code below:

class ActionWeather(Action):
	def name(self):
		return "action_weather"

def run(self, dispatcher,tracker,domain):
		api_key = 'INSERT YOUR OWN KEY'#your apixu key
		loc = tracker.get_slot('location') #obtain slot
		api_address='http://api.apixu.com/v1/current.json?key={}&q={}'.format(api_key,loc) #for json data		
		current = requests.get(api_address).json()
		country = current['location']['country']
		city = current['location']['name']
		condition = current['current']['condition']['text']
		temperature_c = current['current']['temp_c']
		humidity = current['current']['humidity']
		wind_mph = current['current']['wind_mph']
		#dispatcher.utter_message("You said " +tracker.latest_message["text"])
		#output sentence format
		response = """It is currently {} in {} at the moment. The temperature is {} degrees, the humidity is {}% and the wind speed is {} mph.""".format(condition, city, temperature_c, humidity, wind_mph)
		dispatcher.utter_message(response)
		#SlotSet('location',loc)
		return [AllSlotsReset()]

Oh thank you ! I had not configured properly

I have followed your code @gcgloven, I am getting the error: TabError: inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation

I am using Python 3.7 and Rasa 1.3.3. Want to know if I have to modify somewhere.

def name(self):
    return "action_weather"

api_key = 'INSERT YOUR OWN KEY'#your apixu key
    api_address='http://api.apixu.com/v1/current.json?key={}&q={}'.format(api_key,loc) #for json data		
    #output sentence format
    response = """It is currently {} in {} at the moment. The temperature is {} degrees, the humidity is {}% and the wind speed is {} mph.""".format(condition, city, temperature_c, humidity, wind_mph)
    #SlotSet('location',loc)
    return [AllSlotsReset()]

Hi sorry for the delayed replay. Back then my configuration fo spaces and tabs are mixed… cuz I just started using notepad as IDE… updated if you still have issue, it’s just the problem with the spacings

Hi ,

For current = requests.get(api_address).json()

i am getting following error

File “C:\Users\aashay.bane\AppData\Local\Continuum\anaconda3\envs\combined_action\lib\site-packages\requests\adapters.py”, line 123, in init super(HTTPAdapter, self).init()

TypeError: super(type, obj): obj must be an instance or subtype of type

Thank you

Hi did you resolve the issue?

just restart your kernal , It worked for me

okay. Im getting this error now

KeyError: ‘location’

Hey , current is your main dict, within it u have diff list .

check the spacing and spellings.

also try country = current[‘location’][‘country’]

regards, Aashay

Your input -> hi
Hello! How can I help?

Your input -> What’s the weather in london?
2020-01-15 13:13:53 ERROR rasa.core.processor - Encountered an exception while running action ‘action_weather’. Bot will continue, but the actions events are lost. Make sure to fix the exception in your custom code.

Still getting error.

hey pratik you need to check the action weather in python , and see if its working there.

i used the above code too

can you past the custome action code

def name(self):  
         return "action_weather"

api_key = ""#your apixu key  
         api_address="http://api.apixu.com/v1/current.json?key={}&q={}".format(api_key,loc) #for json data		  
         #output sentence format    
         #SlotSet('location',loc)  
         return [AllSlotsReset()]

class ActionWeather(Action): def name(self): return ‘action_weather’

def run(self, dispatcher, tracker, domain):
    from apixu.client import ApixuClient
    import requests

api_key = 'Your APi KEY' #your apixu key
    client = ApixuClient(api_key)

loc = tracker.get_slot('location')
    api_address='http://api.weatherstack.com/current?access_key={}&query={}'.format(api_key,loc) #for json data		

#current = client.getcurrent(q=loc)

#condition = current['current']['condition']['text']
    temperature_c = current['current']['temperature']
    wind_mph = current['current']['wind_speed']

response = """In {} at the moment. The temperature is {}' degrees, the humidity is {}% and the wind speed is {} mph.""".format( city, temperature_c, humidity, wind_mph)

return [SlotSet('location',loc)]

try with this , what version of rasa are you using ?

rasa version 1.0.9

Thanks for the help bro solved it.

welcome !!!

@Aashay1 I am using rasa 1.0.9 and followed the tutorial. nlu train is working well. getting the following error:

Your input -> whats the weather at London
2020-02-05 13:43:37 DEBUG rasa.core.agent - Created a new lock for conversation ‘default’ 2020-02-05 13:43:37 DEBUG rasa.core.tracker_store - Recreating tracker for id ‘default’ 2020-02-05 13:43:37 DEBUG rasa.core.processor - Received user message ‘whats the weather at London’ with intent ‘{‘name’: ‘inform’, ‘confidence’: 0.8830060964655023}’ and entities ‘[]’ 2020-02-05 13:43:37 DEBUG rasa.core.processor - Logged UserUtterance - tracker now has 10 events 2020-02-05 13:43:37 DEBUG rasa.core.policies.memoization - Current tracker state [{‘intent_greet’: 1.0, ‘prev_action_listen’: 1.0}, {‘prev_utter_greet’: 1.0, ‘intent_greet’: 1.0}, {‘intent_greet’: 1.0, ‘prev_action_listen’: 1.0}, {‘prev_action_listen’: 1.0, ‘intent_inform’: 1.0}, {‘prev_action_listen’: 1.0, ‘intent_inform’: 1.0}] 2020-02-05 13:43:37 DEBUG rasa.core.policies.memoization - There is no memorised next action 2020-02-05 13:43:37 DEBUG rasa.core.policies.ensemble - Predicted next action using policy_1_KerasPolicy 2020-02-05 13:43:37 DEBUG rasa.core.processor - Predicted next action ‘action_listen’ with confidence 0.43. 2020-02-05 13:43:37 DEBUG rasa.core.processor - Action ‘action_listen’ ended with events ‘[]’ 2020-02-05 13:43:37 DEBUG rasa.core.agent - Deleted lock for conversation ‘default’ (unused)