Entities with roles are shown as unsupported type while running rasax on existing project directory

Entity section of my domain.yml looks like this.

Screenshot from 2021-02-10 11-24-49

With rasa version 2.0 the project runs without any issues and entity role works as it is supposed to be. But whenever i run rasa x from my project directory, it shows the following error message:

sqlalchemy.exc.InterfaceError: (sqlite3.InterfaceError) Error binding parameter 1 - probably unsupported type.
[SQL: INSERT INTO domain_entity (domain_id, entity) VALUES (?, ?)]
[parameters: (1, {'Normal_number': {'roles': ['day', 'month']}})]
(Background on this error at: http://sqlalche.me/e/13/rvf5)

Sorry, something went wrong (see error above). Make sure to start Rasa X with valid data and valid domain and config files. Please, also check any warnings that popped up.
If you need help fixing the issue visit our forum: http://forum.rasa.com/.
3 Likes

Welcome to the forum. It looks like you’ve added a | after month that should not be there. You’ll find the entities docs here. You can also run a rasa data validate against your project to validate the data before running Rasa X.

entities:
   - city: 
       roles:
       - from
       - to

@stephens That is not actually in the domain.yml . It is just the pointer while i was taking ss.

This is the output of rasa data validate . Seems like nothing is wrong here.

@stephens any update on this issue? Thanx a lot for the suggestion to validate project directory. My project directory seems fine. I can at-least be sure that there is no problem in my directory.

I haven’t had a chance to look at this further. Can you re-connect Rasa X to your repo and show a full log of what happens from the initial connection? Please use markdown when pasting error logs.

I am also facing the same issue.

I am running rasa-x locally and running the rasa x --enable-api command from my project directory. Not using git. As you suggested , i edited the error log in bash markdown format. Please have a look.

1 Like

I think Rasa-X is still missing the featuers to support roles and groups. With Rasa-X 0.40 you can start editing the nlu files with roles and groups in Rasa-X, however the entities in the domain file are not updated as rasa needs them. I’m facing the same problems.

this is still a problem in 0.40.1

omitting the roles in the domain file seems to be “bypassing” this