Empty conversations in rasa x 1.X.X

In my rasa chatbot there is an intent called ‘cancel’ which executes the action: action_restart. When this action is executed in rasa-x version 0.X.X the conversation looks that way:

But in rasa-x version 1.X.X, when action: action_restart is executed, the whole conversation is deleted (or at least empty in the UI):

This means for now (in rasa-x >=1.0.0), that i can’t review any conversations, where a user has executed ‘cancel’. The behaviour of action_restart is also a different in the interactive-learning:

leads to

in rasa-x 0.46.0:

In rasa-x 1.0.0:

Is this a bug or is this behaviour intended? Thanks in advance for any replies :slight_smile:

@TimW really good concern and observation, you are not getting any conversation display ? only in rasa 0.42.X. I have not yet worked on Rasa 1.0.X.

We detected the same problem. Currently we are using rasax 1.0.0. The whole conversation disappears when a cancel occured. Please fix it as soon as possible.

I can see all conversations where the intent ‘cancel’ (i.e. the action: action_restart) was not executed. But as soon as the user executes cancel/action_restart, the whole conversation is gone.

@TimW It’s a known bug then. Please create the Rasa Github issue.

empty conversation in rasa-x >= 1.0.0 when ‘action_restart’ is executed · Issue #10820 · RasaHQ/rasa (github.com)