Custom channels when using the RasaX Helm Chart

I currently have a RasaX instance setup through a Helm Chart as recommended in the documentation. From what I gather from this section, the credentials.yml from the Git integration are not used, and instead the channel configuration should be passed in the values.yaml when creating the helm chart like so:

rasa:
  # additionalChannelCredentials which should be used by Rasa to connect to various
  # input channels
  additionalChannelCredentials:
    socketio:
      user_message_evt: user_uttered
      bot_message_evt: bot_uttered
      session_persistence: true/false

How would one go about setting up a custom channel in this way? I am quite lost with regards to where the custom channel should be stored, should it sit next to the data in the connected Git repository? And if so, how should it be defined? If using Rasa open source on it’s own, I would simply include the name of the channel in credentials.yml and store the channel itself in the module.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Daniel

This is how I configured my custom channel under rasa container configuration in helm override file:

# rasa: Settings common for all Rasa containers
    rasa:
    # name of the Rasa image to use
      name: "<my-repo/image>"
      tag: "1.1"
       # additionalChannelCredentials which should be used by Rasa to connect to various
       # input channels
       additionalChannelCredentials:
         fhb_connector.FHBConnector:

I created a new image extending the rasa image I wanted and then added this connector.py in to the container. My containers are running without issues, but still I’m not done with ssl setup. So haven’t tested the custom connector yet.

Let me know if this helps or if you followed a different approach.

Hi @ArivCR7 could you please tell me how did you configure the Dockerfile for your custom rasa image or attach it here. Would be a huge help. Thanks

Hi @danielgauci were you able to solve your issue?