Rasa 2.0 Custom Connector deployment on Rasax (33.x) docker

I am using a custom connector that works when I run rasa locally, however, when I try to deploy the custom connector on Rasax (33.x) I am receiving and error:

RasaException: Failed to find input channel class for 'connector.custom_connector.CustomConnector'. Unknown input channel. Check your credentials configuration to make sure the mentioned channel is not misspelled. If you are creating your own channel, make sure it is a proper name of a class in a module.

I installed Rasax on my machine at /etc/rasa/ using: curl -sSL -o install.sh https://storage.googleapis.com/rasa-x-releases/0.33.1/install.sh

I created a dir connector/ where I placed my custom_connectory.py file.

I also placed the following line in credentials.yml: connector.custom_connector.CustomConnector:

What am I missing?

Even I am stuck on the same issue since days.

Issue similar to this. (the one I am facing)

@erohmensing kindly see if you can help or redirect someone who can.

@nmvl were you able to find a solution to this?

No luck yet :confused:

@nvml did you mount the directory as a volume?

Kindly elaborate on how to do that. I religiously followed the steps specified by @Arjaan here but didn’t come across any command mounting directory as volume.

let’s discuss your issue in that thread.

Hi Akela, I am not sure what you mean. Do you have a set of instructions that you are referring to that you could point me at? I do not have a Dockerfile if that is what you are referring to.

These are the files that I have after running the install.sh script I mentioned in my initial post.

I added my custom_connector.py and __init__.py in the connector directory, then ran docker-compose up -d.

And added the line as mentioned in my initial post to the credentials.yml file.

Does that help?