Cannot install Rasa X (docker-compose) on Ubuntu 20.04

Trying to install Rasa X using docker-compose .yml from rasa docs keep getting:

TASK [geerlingguy.docker : Add Docker repository.] ********************************************************************************************************************************************************* fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {“changed”: false, “msg”: “apt cache update failed”}

How to remedy?

Hello, same problem here, did you find an answer?

No, it is my plan to use the implement the docker-compose solution manually.

@yxs8495 Are you able to solve this?

Yes, I have been able to use the docker-compose installation using install.sh.

1. Run everything in install.sh except last 3 lines:

echo “Installing docker role” sudo /usr/local/bin/ansible-galaxy install --force geerlingguy.docker echo “Docker role for ansible has been installed”

1. sudo su - (become root) then in root@Vega:~/.ansible/roles/geerlingguy.docker/tasks# in setup-Debian.yml change update_cache to false.

name: Add Docker repository. apt_repository: repo: “{{ docker_apt_repository }}” state: present update_cache: false

1. Also in rasa_x_playbook.yml add .ce
  • name: Retrieve docker compose to run Rasa X / Enterprise get_url: url: https://storage.googleapis.com/rasa-x-releases/{{ VAR_RASA_X_VERSION }}/docker-compose.ce.yml dest: “{{ RASA_HOME }}/docker-compose.yml” mode: 0766 force: yes when: ansible_testing is not defined

Now the given instructions work

@yxs8495 Great! Close this thread whilst clicking the above post of yours for the others.

Sorry not sure how to close thread and post for others. I just clicked on solution

@yxs8495 yeps that’s the way only :+1: and you know it.:wink: