Zsh: command not found: rasa on MacBook pro 💻

i want to install rasa on my mac pro but after i installed im getting this error: zsh: command not found: rasa

my environment setup are; Python 3.9.0

pip list
certifi    2020.12.5
chardet    4.0.0
idna       2.10
pip        21.0.1
rasa       0.0.5
requests   2.25.1
setuptools 52.0.0
urllib3    1.26.3
wheel      0.36.2

Hello @walaareafaee , Welcome to the Forum!

Did you install rasa into a virtual environment? If you used a Conda environment you might still need to activate it with conda activate name_of_your_rasa_environment.

Is this the version of Rasa you were going for?

Also, I understand the pain of installing rasa on mac. What worked for me was using Python 3.7 instead (I used pyenv to set that up). I am not quite sure what it is with Python 3.9 that causes installation issues. If you don’t prefer Python 3.9 for any particular reason, then I wouldn’t recommend wasting time trying to figure out why this is happening and just downgrade to 3.7.

1 Like

thx, yes i installed virtualenv and activated before i pip installed it i don’t use conda

thx for the tip, i think i’ll try downgrade python to 3.7 and about rasa version i didn’t choose the version when i installed i only prompt the command ‘pip install rasa’ simply

thx i downgrade to python to 3.7 and it worked perfectly :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Great to hear that!

When installing through pip, you should get version 2.3.0. Please check the installed packages with pip again to make sure you don’t have a super old version of Rasa.

1 Like