Wondering if I'm doing something wrong

Hi! I’m new to Rasa! and I have a few questions. :grinning:

This is one of my intent, I would like to train my bot to understand the entity location, but everytime I type something other than these location mentions below, rasa is not getting any entity.Am I not giving it enough data?Do I need to include entities below the examples?thanks! This is my intent.

• intent: weather examples: |
    • what is the weather [today]{“entity”: “date”}?
    • what is the weather like in [New York]{“entity”: “location”} [today]{“entity”: “date”}?
    • what will be the temperature in [London]{“entity”: “location”} [tomorrow]{“entity”: “date”}?
    • is it going to rain in [San Francisco]{“entity”: “location”} [this weekend]{“entity”: “date”}?
    • is the weather good [tomorrow]{“entity”: “date”}?
    • how is the weather [tomorrow]{“entity”: “date”}?

This is my stories

• story: ask_weather steps:
    • intent: weather entities:
      • date: “today”
    • action: “check_weather”

This is my domain

version: ‘3.1’

intents:

• affirm

• bot_challenge

• deny

• goodbye

• greet

• mood_great

• mood_unhappy

• question_name

• question_name_from

• question_about_me

• joke

• weather

entities:

• date

responses:

utter_greet:

• text: Good day, sir. How can I assist you today?

utter_cheer_up:

• text: ‘Here is something to cheer you up:’ image: https://i.imgur.com/nGF1K8f.jpg utter_did_that_help:
  • text: Did that help you? utter_joke:
    • text: Of course, sir. Why did the tomato turn red? Because it saw the salad dressing! session_config: session_expiration_time: 60 carry_over_slots_to_new_session: true actions:
    • check_weather

This is my actions

This files contains your custom actions which can be used to run

custom Python code.

See this guide on how to implement these action:

Custom Actions

This is a simple example for a custom action which utters “Hello World!”

from typing import Any, Text, Dict, List from rasa_sdk import Action, Tracker from rasa_sdk.executor import CollectingDispatcher

class GetWeather(Action): def name(self) → Text: return “check_weather”

def run(self, dispatcher: CollectingDispatcher,
        tracker: Tracker,
        domain: Dict[Text, Any]) -> List[Dict[Text, Any]]:
    entities = tracker.latest_message['entities']
    date = None
    location = None
    for entity in entities:
        if entity['entity'] == 'location':
            location = entity['value']
        elif entity['entity'] == 'date':
            date = entity['value']
    dispatcher.utter_message(text=f"The location is {location} and the date is {date}.")
    return []

everytime I input location that not in the intent, I got location is none.Thank you in advance!

it won’t automatically pick new locations unless you give training data to your bot. One way would be use lookup tables for the locations. see this blog Lookup Tables

Does that mean is not about giving not enough data to train the bot, its about the bot cant pick new location because I didnt mention them in the intent?thanks

you need to provide all the values for your entity location in lookup table as part of the training data. see an example here NLU Training Data