Which policies for FAQ chatbot?

Hi,

I am trying to build a chatbot in German that can answer simple FAQs as well as have more complex dialogues. I can’t get it to work for the simple FAQ part, what am I doing wrong? Please help!

The FAQs concern products and each product is an entity value:

• product: product_name1, product_name2, product_name3, etc.

I have a general intent “intent:show_info” that recognizes when a user wants info on a product and the product name should be detected as an entity.

My stories are simple and look like this:

Show info on product_name1

• show_info{ “product” : “product_name1”}
    • utter_info_product_name1

Show info on product_name2

• show_info{ “product” : “product_name2”}
    • utter_info_product_name2

For some reason the dialogue manager always chooses the wrong action, for product_name1 it will choose “utter_info_product_name2”. I tried defining many stories with additional intents and actions, but that didn’t really help. How should I configure my policies to give me simple FAQ functionality? How many stories do I need (for, e.g., 10 different product names)?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Hey Ken, welcome to the forum! Which policy are you using right now? You may want to have a look at all the options here, I think Memoization or Mapping policy would help you. Let me know how it goes. Also, I should mention that there is a nice opportunity to learn more from experienced Rasa users and Rasa creators: our upcoming summit.

Hi Sam,

I was using the default ones:

policies:

• name: MemoizationPolicy
  • name: KerasPolicy
  • name: MappingPolicy

When I remove KerasPolicy the bot doesn’t respond at all. I also don’t want to remove the KerasPolicy, because I have other more complex conversational flows (not only FAQs). Is there anything else I can try? Maybe some configurations for the KerasPolicy? Slots get automatically set for entities, right?