Using Tracker database for other tables

I’m building an application that integrates chat, and some conversations will require accessing application data from a database via a custom action. I’m going to use the same Postgres database we use for the Tracker Store.

Is there a way in a custom action to latch onto that database connection? I feel like there is since it’s already active using the Tracker methods, but it’s eluding me at the moment.

I realize I could initialize a new connection using the values in endpoints.yml but I’d rather not.

1 Like

Is there a way in a custom action to latch onto that database connection? I feel like there is since it’s already active using the Tracker methods, but it’s eluding me at the moment.

According to the Tracker implementation, this object in the action server does not store the implementation details of the tracker store e.g. SQL, in memory, Redis, etc. Therefore, it’s not possible to write a custom action that will retrieve the tracker store’s connection details from the Tracker object.

I was thinking that, but wasn’t sure if there was some way to latch on to that connection. Thanks for verifying