Using slot value from custom channel

Hello, I am new to rasa (using Botfront) and I have troubles using the value of a slot in Botfront custom channel from more clarification
in Botfront rest API request looks like this:

{
    "sender": "test_user",
    "message": "test",
    "customData": {
        "language": "en"    
    }
}

so I need the “language” key to be set from a slot so I made custom channel based on Botfront rest API and implement the get_metadata function to get last value for the slot for the user

need something like that:

class MyRestInput(BotfrontRestInput):
    def get_metadata(self, request: Request) -> Optional[Dict[Text, Any]]:
        language = tracker.get_slot("language","en")

return {'language': language}

The botfront rasa-webchat uses sockets not REST. Why are are you using a custom REST channel instead of socket channel?

I need the “language” key to be set from a slot

customData.language is sent from the chat widget to Rasa. customData.language is not a slot, it is an object provide on the socket channel so you can’t call tracker.get_slot for this value.

Hello @stephens I’m using rasa rest API as web hock in the begging of the story I’m asking the user for the preferred language then save the selected language in a slot now when ever I have this sender id in the rest API I want to check the user history and get the last value of the language Slot to reply with it

is it doable?

thanks

If you’re using the botfront rasa-webchat widget, then your using the socket channel. Can’t use both.

I’m not using botfront rasa-webchat I’m using

Can’t help you with botfront. The project was archived a year ago.

ok Thanks