Update file from server

Hello, I know that you can change for example domain file in rasa X and it will be updated in server, but I can’t do the reverse, e.g. update file in server so it is updated in rasa X. It is very useful to me because as I said in other topic, I can’t add nlu data, change config and my domain file gets broken because of rasa X editing. Is it possible or do I have to restart rasa X every time I need to do it?

how do you update the domain at the server? Which endpoint are you using?

I mean my own computer, I just change the file and I want it to be changed in rasa x.

So you open up the domain.yml locally, edit it, and it then should be reflected in the server? Unfortunately that’s currently not possible.

You mentioned that Rasa breaks your domain. Why is that so?

We have very big bug here. It’s very unstable so I’m not really sure if you can reproduce it. So here it is, let’s assume that we have very long response, rasa x will automatically divide it to multiple lines. Now, when you try to use it, core will behave unexpectedly. One thing I can see that in actual domain file rasa X doesn’t add > sign like it should be in yml. So in my case, I have an action fallback, which after 3 times triggers switch_form, in which you ask for yes or no, if you say no it should just listen. The problem is that after you say no to switch form, it automatically triggers mail form. I double checked, that this behaviour occurs when one of the text templates is long enough for 2 lines, and if I shorten it, it behaves correctly. Also for example I can’t get this behaviour when triggering switch form manually. I’m not sure how can I send my domains if required, only in some private message possibly.

Sorry, I think I am still not understanding it totally.

So here it is, let’s assume that we have very long response

Where did you add this response?

• Rasa X UI for responses
  • Rasa X UI for the domain
  • your local domain file

Now, when you try to use it, core will behave unexpectedly.

What do you mean by that? You mean the case where Rasa Core would use this answer?

So in my case, I have an action fallback, which after 3 times triggers switch_form, in which you ask for yes or no,

And how do forms come into play?

It is so long that rasa X automatically splits it into multiple lines, as you can’t add it from the domain file in rasa X, I added it via responses. It behave unexpectedly means that if you write down response in one line and just run core server, it will behave in one way(the way I want it to behave). But if I run rasa X it will split big line to multiple lines, which will alter the behaviour(it will predict wrong actions in some cases). In my fallback action I use followupAction to switch_form, which in turn should followup to switch_action if the user said affirm, if not, then it should be action_listen instead, but the problem is that mail_form is predicted instead of action_listen. More precisely, if slot is deny, I return empty list [].

My main concerns is that core behaves differently depending solely on domain templates, which is obviously a bug. I haven’t looked at this part of the rasa, but can you check if core prediction graph depends on templates or smth like this?

I tried to reproduce it and put a very long answer in my responses and then triggered it in “speak to my bot” , but could’t reproduce the error. Could you maybe do a short video or so?

haven’t looked at this part of the rasa, but can you check if core prediction graph depends on templates or smth like this?

no that’s definitely not the case

As I said, I can send you logs that I saved, but I don’t really want to put it in public, so can I send it in direct message or smth like that?

Yeah, you can send me a direct direct by clicking on my profile and then message