Twilio Alternatives

Hi, I’m currently using the Twilio connector with my Rasa chatbot and leveraging webhooks to proactively send chatbot instances to users. However, the Twilio phone number approval process is taking much longer than expected, prompting me to explore alternative platforms.

I’m looking for messaging services that, similar to Twilio, allow me to easily set up a webhook. This webhook would be triggered externally and needs to facilitate initiating a new conversation with a specific user, effectively “sending” the Rasa chatbot to them.

Does anyone know any Twilio alternatives that have a connector in Rasa or are easy to integrate?

I’ve had some delays with Twilio’s phone approval process too, so I get why you’d want an alternative. When I was looking for other options, I found that some platforms make integration a bit smoother, especially if you need webhook support and want to send proactive messages from your bot. Setting up a webhook that pushes messages to users without the usual friction is key, and I’ve noticed that some newer marketing tools have more flexible APIs and support automated campaigns without all the hurdles.

If you’re open to trying other communication channels, like voicemail and SMS together, you might find ringless voicemail for real estate pretty interesting. That type of tech is easier to set up, with solid automation and webhook support.