Tried to set non existent slot 'is_channel_fb'. Make sure you added all your slots to your domain file

I am getting the following error on rasa-production

ERROR rasa.shared.core.trackers - Tried to set non existent slot ‘is_channel_fb’. Make sure you added all your slots to your domain file

The thing is we renamed this slot some time back, and it’s no longer in the rasa code base or in the custom action, The repository branch which rasa-x is pointing to also does not have it anywhere.

Not sure why this error is coming, any clue?

Rasa version: 6.2.0 Rasa-X 0.40.1

1 Like

Hi @madanmeena,

Could you please share enough code to get to know how you have defined the slot?

slots:
    type: bool
    influence_conversation: false
  preferred_language:
    type: text
  channel:
    type: categorical
    values:
    - facebook
    - jovensalud
    - whatsapp
  feedback_trigger_flow:
  registration_url:
  is_channel_fb_or_whatsapp:
    influence_conversation: true
  is_registered:
  handover:
    values:
    - fallback
    - request_new_password
  handover_result:
    values:
    - success
    - volunteer_inactive
    - teen_inactive
  user_state:
    values:
    - registration_in_progress
    - has_registered_first_time
    - regular_user
  is_first_time:    
  has_permission_for_outside_24_hr:    

These are all the slots we have, We did have some test which was not updated with the correct slot, but they should not impact, right?

Hi,

Could you please check in your action file code that somewhere you fetched the value for non existent slot otherwise just check in nlu ,rule and stories file?

It’s getting because somewhere slot is called.

Nope it’s not anywhere. The only possible reason I can think of is since the slot have been renamed, we might have some old conversation events which still have the old slot and which when pushed to rasa-x through rabbitmq could result in this, otherwise it does not make sense.

Also it’s not a blocker since eveything is working fine, i.e. we are able to chat with our rasa-produciton bot despite this error.

Would you mind me asking you a few questions about setting up RabbitMQ to export conversations?

I’m facing the same issue. It doesn’t affect any functionalities, but it’s really annoying. If the event broker is the case, it means that this problem will be gone some day in the future right ? because all old messages (with old slot name) will be all pushed

By the way, can anyone confirm that it’s the event broker issue? and why the error is from rasa-production which should finish pushing message right after getting message? I’m kinda confused