The client is using an unsupported version of the Socket.IO or Engine.IO protocols rasa 3.2

I’m trying to connect rasa 3.2 using socket but I get below error whenever I’m trying to connect.

The client is using an unsupported version of the Socket.IO or Engine.IO protocols (further occurrences of this error will be logged with level INFO)

Below are my packages

python-engineio         4.3.0
python-socketio         5.5.0
rasa                    3.0.2
rasa-sdk                3.0.2
sanic                   21.6.0
Sanic-Cors              1.0.0
sanic-jwt               1.7.0
sanic-plugin-toolkit    1.2.0
Sanic-Plugins-Framework 0.9.5

I got few incompatibles with packages which I have ignored and was not able to resolve those incompatible issues. Any help on this will be great. TIA

1 Like

connecting what? can you share the complete rasa --version whilst activating env.

If you ignore while updating any sanic version you need to meet the related compatibilities, else it will not work. Ignoring is never a solution.

requirements.txt (4.8 KB) I have uploaded my requirements file.

I tried upgrading degrading python packages of sanic and other but it was never getting compatible. If you can tell me if I can download python packages in specific order I can try that.

Thanks

Please share the proper information which I have requested in my previous post. Thanks.

Rasa Version      :         3.0.2
Minimum Compatible Version: 3.0.0
Rasa SDK Version  :         3.0.2
Rasa X Version    :         None
Python Version    :         3.7.9
Operating System  :         Windows-10-10.0.22000-SP0
Python Path       :         c:\workspace\rasa_space_3.2\scripts\python.exe

Please create the conda based environment and install rasa 3 and then run.

I’m getting this same error when trying to connect from an external frontend (using Rasa’s recommended widget) to an instance that was deployed with Rasa X (Enterprise).

I had to add the following information in the “values.yml” file used for creating the instance:

rasa:
  tag: "3.1.0-full"
  versions:
    rasaProduction:
      enabled: true
    rasaWorker:
      enabled: true
  additionalChannelCredentials:
    rest:
      # nothing needed here
    socketio:
      user_message_evt: user_uttered
      bot_message_evt: bot_uttered
      session_persistence: true

Any ideas?

I have the same error with rasa 3.2. Would someone know a solution?

@nik202 Is there any solution? Got the same problem.

@edward0422 can you share the screenshot and rasa --version ?

I followed the guide of Websocket Channel to create the widget in Your Own Website (rasa.com)

And after I successfully run the server by typing rasa run --enable-api --cors="*", I go to the website I built.

It seems that the faq bot is running as shown above, however, when I type some questions, it stucks.
This issue occurs if the questions are Retrieval Intents I do not know if this intent will affect the bot.

This is what I see in the command prompt:

C:\Users\Techteam\anaconda3\envs\rasa_bot\lib\site-packages\sanic_cors\extension.py:39: DeprecationWarning: distutils Version classes are deprecated. Use packaging.version instead.
  SANIC_VERSION = LooseVersion(sanic_version)        
C:\Users\Techteam\anaconda3\envs\rasa_bot\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\__init__.py:169: DeprecationWarning: distutils Version classes are deprecated. Use packaging.version instead.
  if LooseVersion(module.__version__) < minver:      
C:\Users\Techteam\anaconda3\envs\rasa_bot\lib\site-packages\setuptools\_distutils\version.py:346: DeprecationWarning: distutils Version classes are deprecated. Use packaging.version instead.
  other = LooseVersion(other)
2022-08-03 10:46:25 INFO     root  - Starting Rasa server on http://0.0.0.0:5005
C:\Users\Techteam\anaconda3\envs\rasa_bot\lib\site-packages\tensorflow_addons\utils\ensure_tf_install.py:47: DeprecationWarning: distutils Version classes are 
deprecated. Use packaging.version instead.
  min_version = LooseVersion(INCLUSIVE_MIN_TF_VERSION)
2022-08-03 10:46:27 INFO     rasa.core.processor  - Loading model models\20220801-154833-atomic-rebate.tar.gz...
2022-08-03 10:46:31 INFO     rasa.nlu.tokenizers.jieba_tokenizer  - Loading Jieba User Dictionary at C:\Users\Techteam\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpse563vhs\train_JiebaTokenizer1\gratus.txt
Building prefix dict from the default dictionary ...
Loading model from cache C:\Users\Techteam\AppData\Local\Temp\jieba.cache
Loading model cost 0.568 seconds.
Prefix dict has been built successfully.
2022-08-03 10:46:55 WARNING  rasa.shared.utils.common  - The UnexpecTED Intent Policy is currently experimental and might change or be removed in the future 🔬 Please share your feedback on it in the forum (http://forum.rasa.com) to help us make this feature ready for production.
2022-08-03 10:47:01 INFO     root  - Rasa server is up and running.
The client is using an unsupported version of the Socket.IO or Engine.IO protocols (further occurrences of this error will be logged with level INFO)

This is what I see in Postman after I click the ‘Send’ button:

My rasa --version:

• Rasa Version : 3.2.4
  • Minimum Compatible Version: 3.0.0
  • Rasa SDK Version : 3.2.0
  • Python Version : 3.8.13
  • Operating System : Windows-10-10.0.19043-SP0

My credentials.yml:

socketio:

user_message_evt: user_uttered

bot_message_evt: bot_uttered

session_persistence: true

Thanks!

1 Like

My comment seems to be filtered and has to wait for approval.

Ensure that you are using correct version of JS

https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/rasa-webchat@1.0.1/lib/index.min.js

Hi, I am using rasa 3.6 and facing following error while connecting with web by socket.io “The client is using an unsupported version of the Socket.IO or Engine.IO protocols (further occurrences of this error will be logged with level INFO)”

Need help to resolve this