The bot start flow from the middle of the story

I have these stories that bot get into the middle of the flow.

when the user start new converstion and the first message for him is yes, it automaticly goes the story “network_complain” without waiting for the user to go by the same flow which is 1-intent greet 2-action response greet 3-intent affirm

version: "3.0"

stories:

- story: network_complain
  steps:
    - intent: greet
    - action: response_greet
    - intent: affirm
    - action: network_complains_form
    - active_loop: network_complains_form
    - slot_was_set:
      - requested_slot: null
    - active_loop: null
    - action: response_final_answer

- story: goodbye_2
  steps:
    - intent: deny
    - action: response_goodbye

- story: goodbye
  steps:
    - intent: goodbye
    - action: response_goodbye

any idea how i can solve this ?

Is this your entire stories.yml file ? My first question would be what do you expect the bot to do if someone types first message as Yes ?

Based on this we can try to enhance the stories.

Yup that’s my whole stories, well i think the bot should ask for re-phrase since there is no story starting with yes

And have any idea how i can mange if the user entered an intent that doesnt have story ? becuase when you user enter “1” the bot read it as goodbye

Hi @xsamerx3 for anything that your bot does not handle. The ideal way to handle that is via the fallback intent. Follow this link to implement the fallback intent -

1 Like

and how to prevent the story from starting in the middle. I have a few questions/data points before the ‘affirm’ intent where I set some slot values, and want to start the story from the start if any middle intent is recognized to capture those slots.