StartSwitch Error Rasa with Aimybox

Hi guys.

I was trying to connect my Rasa Chatbot with my Aimybox application for IOS. The connection establishes fine and i get hits on my ngrok terminal as well that my input is being received (200 OK)

The problem happens when the chatbot has to respond. It gives me the following error:

2020-06-03 02:01:59 ERROR    rasa.core.channels.channel  - An exception occured while handling user message 'None'.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/zaid/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rasa/core/channels/channel.py", line 487, in receive
metadata=metadata,
  File "/home/zaid/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rasa/core/channels/channel.py", line 83, in handler
await app.agent.handle_message(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/zaid/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rasa/core/agent.py", line 486, in handle_message
return await processor.handle_message(message)
  File "/home/zaid/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rasa/core/processor.py", line 93, in handle_message
tracker = await self.log_message(message, should_save_tracker=False)
  File "/home/zaid/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rasa/core/processor.py", line 240, in log_message
await self._handle_message_with_tracker(message, tracker)
  File "/home/zaid/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rasa/core/processor.py", line 472, in _handle_message_with_tracker
parse_data = await self._parse_message(message, tracker)
  File "/home/zaid/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rasa/core/processor.py", line 445, in _parse_message
if message.text.startswith(INTENT_MESSAGE_PREFIX):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'startswith'

This is only happening when I am trying to connect to the ios device. Works perfectly fine with the android application. Any idea?

Is it possible for you to share what json payload is sent to the Rasa service?

I am sorry. Where can I find this payload information?

I’m assuming that you’re sending requests from your iOS device to the rasa server. Could you share the json body (this is what I meant with payload) of that request? A print statement from iOS could be enough.