I’m building a Slack chatbot assistent for my team.
I just set up a simple bot, providing the Slack bot token to the credentials.yml file. It wokrs fine, but I don’t understand how to move further to cover my needs, which are:
- The Bot should be called by keyword (e. g. Hey bot!)
- The replies shoud be sent to a thread, not to a channel
- If a user write a message to the Bot with direct messages, it should also reply to DM.
- I don’t want the bot token in credentials.yml to be unencrypted on the production enviroment.
- And also, I want the Bot to be able to answer not only to one particular channel. I want it to be accessible in sereral channel with similar, but different functionality.
I have watched the great video tutorial by Justina, where she uses rasa_slack_connector.py to set up connection beetween Rasa and Slack.
With that tool I could easily reach my goals. But now, I do not know how to implement the same functionality.
I also can see several methods in rasa.core.channels.slack (like send_attachment and send_text_with_buttons), but can’t find information of how to use them.
I would really appreciate if anyone could help with this.