Retrieval Intents throws errors in rasa data validate

Iam trying to validate my files with command “rasa data validate” but I always get this errors for retrieval intents. Training the bot works without errors, but I like to validate the data before I start training for several minutes. I followed this guide Chitchat and FAQs . I can only solve it by creating responses (utter_social_media, utter_bot, utter_info, utter_mood), but i don’t need this responses.

2020-11-20 09:56:41 INFO     rasa.validator  - Validating intents...
2020-11-20 09:56:41 INFO     rasa.validator  - Validating uniqueness of intents and stories...
2020-11-20 09:56:41 INFO     rasa.validator  - Validating utterances...
python3.6/site-packages/rasa/shared/utils/io.py:93: UserWarning: The action 'utter_social_media' is used in the stories, but is not a valid utterance action. Please make sure the action is listed in your domain and there is a template defined with its name.
python3.6/site-packages/rasa/shared/utils/io.py:93: UserWarning: The action 'utter_bot' is used in the stories, but is not a valid utterance action. Please make sure the action is listed in your domain and there is a template defined with its name.
python3.6/site-packages/rasa/shared/utils/io.py:93: UserWarning: The action 'utter_info' is used in the stories, but is not a valid utterance action. Please make sure the action is listed in your domain and there is a template defined with its name.
python3.6/site-packages/rasa/shared/utils/io.py:93: UserWarning: The action 'utter_mood' is used in the stories, but is not a valid utterance action. Please make sure the action is listed in your domain and there is a template defined with its name.
Project validation completed with errors.

I’m also having troubles with rasa data validate when having retrieval intents. In my case, I have two retrieval intent rules (faq & chichat), and I’m getting the following warnings before the Project validation completed with errors message appears:

/~/lib/python3.8/site-packages/rasa/shared/utils/io.py:93: UserWarning: The action 'utter_faq' is used in the stories, but is not a valid utterance action. Please make sure the action is listed in your domain and there is a template defined with its name.
  More info at https://rasa.com/docs/rasa/actions#utterance-actions
/~/lib/python3.8/site-packages/rasa/shared/utils/io.py:93: UserWarning: The action 'utter_chitchat' is used in the stories, but is not a valid utterance action. Please make sure the action is listed in your domain and there is a template defined with its name.
  More info at https://rasa.com/docs/rasa/actions#utterance-actions

This issue disappears if you put the retrieval intent responses within your NLU files instead of in your domain.yml file. However, when doing that, RasaX doesn’t recognize them during model training

I deleted all the responses and get the same errors. Is it working on your system without errors?

@RGK, let’s confirm that you have the following in your nlu data a bunch of intents named social_media/...

nlu:
  - intent: social_media/example_1
    examples: | 

In your domain, you have responses defined:

responses:
  utter_social_media/example_1:
  - text: response to example 1 of social_media

Yes and yes, I got both.

data/nlu.yml

domain.yml

What version of Rasa do you have? Can you try 2.1.1?

Updated to 2.1.1, but still get the errors.

Rasa Version     : 2.1.1
Rasa SDK Version : 2.1.2
Rasa X Version   : None
Python Version   : 3.6.9
Operating System : Linux-4.15.0-122-generic-x86_64-with-Ubuntu-18.04-bionic
Python Path      : /usr/bin/python3

try putting the responses for your retrieval intents on the data/nlu.yml

Validation works with responses in data/nlu.yml. Thank you.

Thank you for the solution. I just wonder If I want to divide responses into multiple files for retrieval intents, is there any way of not getting those warnings?

2 Likes