Restart a storyline from anypoint of my wish

So i came to know about “Restarting a conversation” but that just wipes out all slot values and starts over. But i want a more controlled way to start from anypoint of story and then continue execution from that point. Say i have a story

*greeet

• action_one

*inform

• action_two
  • action_three

*goodbye

• action_four

i would like to implement a way such that i can trigger an event from action_four that would restart the bot from action_two and go down all the way to action_four . I found it a bit challenging , any help is immensely appreciated :slight_smile:

##  story 1
*greeet
    - action_one

*inform
    - action_two
    - action_three

*goodbye
  -action_four

##  story 2
*inform
    - action_two
    - action_three

*goodbye
    - action_four

The 2nd story needs an “inform” intent to execute actiom_two. i would like to execute action_two directly after action_four and then go all the way down till goodbye .

*greeet
    - action_one

*inform
    - action_two
    - action_three

*goodbye
  - action_four
 - action_two
 - action_three

i appreciated your effort , but i don’t want to hard code anything in stories , i did think of this technique but it wont serve any good.I would like to have an more efficient approach using events from custom action and not a fixed story line but then again thanx :slight_smile:

what do you mean exactly? surely you can achieve this writing stories like @azizullah2017 suggested?

by writing the stories , yes i thought the same way initially, but i was wonder is there any way i can manipulate the storyline flow through custom action and not by hard-coding it like writing static stories . Like a way where i can return some event that can start from any point of a story and continue the execution …say it more like a “goto” keyword in C where we can jump to anypoint of a code and then continue execution. Hope i was able to explain myself

I’d argue that hard coding it into your action is more static :slight_smile: so i would suggest handling it in stories rather than actions

1 Like