Rasa X local environment not working anymore

Is there any other way we could get the local environment and see how our chatbot is working? Using the community edition? Or is there any other free editions we can work with? I’m sorry if this sounds stupid but I’m very new to this. Any help is appreciated deeply! Thank you!

If your local Rasa X environment is not working, there are several potential issues that could be causing the problem. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot: Check for software updates: Make sure that you have the latest version of Rasa X and all its dependencies installed. Check your system requirements: Rasa X has specific system requirements, including a minimum amount of RAM and disk space. Make sure your system meets these requirements. Check for compatibility issues: If you are using Rasa X with other tools or technologies, make sure that there are no compatibility issues causing problems. Check your logs: Look through the logs generated by Rasa X to see if there are any error messages or stack traces that might provide a clue as to what’s going wrong. Reset Rasa X: If all else fails, you can try resetting your Rasa X environment. This will erase all data and configuration settings and allow you to start fresh. If these steps don’t resolve your issue, you may need to reach out to the Rasa community or seek professional support. My Sainsburys

1 Like