Issue connecting with SQLITE DB in Rasa X

Hi,

I created a simple Bot using Rasa in local virtual environment. My Bot basically gets the entity from user input and hits the Sqlite3 DB using it in “where clause” and pulls the response. The bot works fine in rasa shell.

So I created another virtual environment and installed Rasa X in it. Then copied the nlu, rules, stories, action, domain and config files from my previous environment and copied them into this new folder. Now when I launch the Rasa X, it gets open in Chrome and it works fine till finding intent and going to the respective action. But the part where it hits the DB is not working there.

Please find screenshot and comments from Rasa X

Corresponding Action code

Corresponding Data Pull Function

Please let me know what I’m doing wrong.

1 Like

@rsklearner did you run the custom action in second terminal? can you share the logs of custom action please?

1 Like

I understand it’s working with Rasa Shell and not Rasa X, right?

Rasa X has problems like this, where the message won’t display. This especially happens in actions with SQL queries.

1 Like

@ChrisRahme but rasa have in build sqlite3 db :thinking:

@nik202 Yes, I ran the actions in second terminal and it did not throw any error.

@ChrisRahme Oh…so it cannot be fixed? I thought the UI of Rasa X looks fancier than the shell interface and thought of using it. So in this case, we have to come up with our own UI?

@ChrisRahme After your reply I browsed thru the community conversation and came across this one…

akelad has mentioned that querying a db from Rasa X is not supported locally and it has to be deployed in some server.

So I hope this is the solution.

Sadly no, I’ve had this problem since January when I started using Rasa and it’s still not fixed.

You will have to use your own UI in the end anyway, you cannot grant your users access to Rasa X and all its data :slight_smile:

There are multiple frontends you can use:

Yes, the server version is more stable.

1 Like