Rasa X can't find Response Selector data

My Rasa model has many FAQ-type responses stored in data/responses.md. I do it this way because i use the ResponseSelector in my pipeline. But Rasa X shows this as inconsistency in my domain, because it says the intents are not present in my training data. It works fine on local deployment without Rasa X.

You should still have the corresponding intents in your NLU training data - only the responses go in responses.md. What does your NLU data & responses file look like? And the intents section of your domain file?

This is a sample of my nlu.md:

## intent:faq/ask_reset_pw
- where do i reset my password?
- password reset page
- how to reset my password
- i need to reset my password

## intent:faq/ask_where_asset_tag
- where can i find my asset tag?
- where is asset tag?
- where to look for asset tag?

All my FAQ intents are in the NLU training data.

In responses.md, the individual responses in this form:

## ask where is asset tag
* faq/ask_where_asset_tag
	- The asset tag can be found on the label on the back of your computer.

And I have listed the faq intent in my domain.yml. Could this issue be specific to ResponseSelector?

I’m also getting errors such as this in Rasa X logs (```docker-compose logs rasa-x``), and I’m unable to train my model:

rasa-x_1           | /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rasa/core/training/dsl.py:422: UserWarning: Found unknown intent 'why' on line 7. Please, make sure that all intents are listed in your domain yaml.
rasa-x_1           |   docs=DOCS_URL_DOMAINS,
rasa-x_1           | /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rasa/core/training/dsl.py:422: UserWarning: Found unknown intent 'install_software' on line 4. Please, make sure that all intents are listed in your domain yaml.
rasa-x_1           |   docs=DOCS_URL_DOMAINS,

These intents are also in my NLU, stories, and listed in the domain file.

Hi @visvamba you can’t train your model on Rasa X with the ResponseSelector component. You can, however, still annotate all your data without any issues. Training could then happen via CI/CD e.g. on your pull requests in your github repo

Thanks for the clarification @akelad. That being the case, do you think a better approach would be to implement the FAQs using regular intents, stories, and responses? Or would this issue be addressed in a future update?

It will be addressed in a future update for sure. So I would say continue implementing them with the ResponseSelector