Rasa Playground V3

Hi there,

I wanted to use the example given in the Rasa playground to expand on but it seems to me it is not working properly. The example given is subscribing to a newsletter but with everything I try I do not get the utter_subscribe action.

I tried to debug but I am not familiar enough with Rasa 3.0 to know where exactly the problem lies and I was hoping someone could point me in the write direction. This is the link to the playground where the code is Rasa Playground

Thanks in advance!

@nat please check the Rules and Stories section that you mentioned the “- action: utter_subscribed” ?, this is an issue of the stories or rule if your Slot and Forms code is fine. I’d recommend cross-checking complete code.

Hi. I encountered the same mentionned issue. I did not change anything to the code provided in Rasa Playground. You can find the complete code on the page. For a first attempt to use Rasa, it is a bit disappointing. Thanks for any help, explanation and page correction.

Hello and Welcome @asar to the forum and sorry to hear that your first interaction with Rasa is not that much on the spot, please share the issue and we will solve it together.

Thank you. Well, I have nothing to add really : @nat has explained the issue. Just go to the page Rasa Playground of the website, click on “Train” in the example, then enter the same answers as Nat. The chatbot seems to not recognize the email, whereas it is the example of the website. Do you have an idea ?

@asar I have accelerated your issue with rasa team and yes there is an issue with rasa playground and even as soon as I get some time, I will also try to investigate from my side, Till then I’d suggest try see the documentation and install the rasa in your system and explore some codes. If you like I can share some resources for the same. Good Luck!

I’ve just tried the playground and got this interaction.

This indeed feels like a bug. I’ll try to see what I can do about it.

I think there’s a validation step missing in the form, but that’s my current hypothesis. If you’d like to try out another demo then rasa init may be the way to go for now.

Thanks @koaning and @nik202. I am interested in the correction you will perform, because I have had the same kind of issue upon another attempt.

Hi all,

While trying the playground example and running it locally, I fixed the domain file as follows. I thought it might be useful for others, so I’m sharing it here!

version: '3.0'
session_config:
  session_expiration_time: 60
  carry_over_slots_to_new_session: true
intents:
- greet
- inform
- subscribe
# 01.02.2022 bug in playground (?): must specify mappings in the domain file as opposed to together with the form -- https://rasa.com/docs/rasa/migration-guide/#slot-mappings
slots:
  email:
    type: text
    influence_conversation: false
#    mappings: []
    mappings:
    - type: from_text
      conditions:
      - active_loop: newsletter_form

responses:
  utter_greet:
  - text: |
      Hello! How can I help you?
      Hi!
  utter_ask_email:
      What is your email address?
  utter_subscribed:
      Check your inbox at {email} in order to finish subscribing to the newsletter!
  - text: You're all set! Check your inbox at {email} to confirm your subscription.
actions:
- '...'
- utter_greet
- utter_subscribed
forms:
  newsletter_form:
    required_slots:
    - email

@streuselcake Thanks a lot for the code, confirm with me that the Rasa Playground V3 issue still persists? Are you not able to get the desired output when you train?

@nik202 Sure, I’m attaching screenshots of a conversation online (not triggering utter_subscribed) and via rasa interactive (with and without fix)

@streuselcake Thanks for the feedback. Does it mean it’s still a bug on the site? Right ?

@nik202 I would call it a bug.

I can not say if this is exactly the same bug as it was December 21 last year. However, as we here illustrated, the slot email never gets filled because the mapping is specified in the forms.yml and not in the domain.yml as it should given:

Manually migrating from 2.0 domain format to the 3.0 format

Each slot in the slots section of the domain will need a new key mappings. This key is a list of mappings moved from forms, while the required_slots field collapses to a list of slot names.

Version Migration Guide

@koaning Am I right that this causes the same behavior as a missing a validation step you mentioned?

That does seem like it, however … I don’t know if anybody had time to improve the playground. Just in case, I figured it good to also start a GitHub issue.

@koaning Thanks for opening the issue on Github.