RASA Open Source - Run Server on Apache - 404 with Rest

Hello again,

for our university project we have access via vpn and ssh to a Server to test our application.

Therefore we wanted to see if we can run a simple Rasa Bot, like we can at our local environment with localhost:5005.

We use the Chat-Widget from teeso using REST and on localhost at home everything works as it should. Running rasa withrasa run -m models --enable-api --cors "*" works perfectly, launching a server which interacts with our widget.

But when we try this on the server (widget files are at htdocs und rasa-bot is at our folder), same rasa run command and rasa running showing localhost:5005, then we get the following errors - dependig if we add :5005 Port at the URL or not.

Is there any mistake we made? Do we have to use docker or can we test our bot on the server when specifically activating rasa run when we do so?

Thanks for any advice!

Greetings Jon

The Error with :5005 behind the url, which is the url shown when opening the website post404

The Error with no :5005 Port

Both Errors after we typed something in the chatbot. Console logs the message and then throws the error awaiting the response,

post404noport

Rasa status after run

URL set in the .js file from the widget. Above URL Localhost works perfectly when using on own computer

Last but not least: When connected via vpn to university network, running rasa locally at home and then opening the website with the bot - The bot is connected! But google chrome notes that it is connected outside of its server - so it is connected to my local rasa server…

Hi @Jonbene,

It’s likely your school has a firewall in place that’s blocking access to the server from off-campus. Depending on what you’re trying to use the bot for, you could use ngrok to create a tunnel that’d allow you to access the bot service from off campus.

https://ngrok.com/

To check this, I’d suggest connecting to the server directly and submitting a curl request from that server. If it returns a response, then it’s likely the networking issue caused by the firewall and ngrok should help.

Hi @kearnsw ,

thanks so much for your feedback! I´ll gonna check on that and see if ngrok can help.