Rasa Is not being installed

I’m using Python 3.12.1 and Debian 12 as my primary development environment, I tried to install rasa but it is throwing unexpected errors, RuntimeError: Python version 2.7 or 3.4+ is required. and i’m using python 3.12.1, i read the documentation in their website and tried to install rasa[full] as well by installing rust dependencies but it didn’t work.

the error is as follow

Collecting rasa
  Using cached rasa-1.10.2-py3-none-any.whl.metadata (14 kB)
Collecting PyJWT<1.8,>=1.7 (from rasa)
  Using cached PyJWT-1.7.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl.metadata (3.9 kB)
Collecting SQLAlchemy<1.4.0,>=1.3.3 (from rasa)
  Using cached SQLAlchemy-1.3.24.tar.gz (6.4 MB)
  Installing build dependencies ... done
  Getting requirements to build wheel ... done
  Installing backend dependencies ... done
  Preparing metadata (pyproject.toml) ... done
Collecting absl-py<0.10,>=0.9 (from rasa)
  Using cached absl-py-0.9.0.tar.gz (104 kB)
  Installing build dependencies ... done
  Getting requirements to build wheel ... error
  error: subprocess-exited-with-error

× Getting requirements to build wheel did not run successfully.
  │ exit code: 1
  ╰─> [20 lines of output]
      Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "/home/kushal/Desktop/Rasa-chat/env/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pyproject_hooks/_in_process/_in_process.py", line 353, in <module>
          main()
        File "/home/kushal/Desktop/Rasa-chat/env/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pyproject_hooks/_in_process/_in_process.py", line 335, in main
          json_out['return_val'] = hook(**hook_input['kwargs'])
                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        File "/home/kushal/Desktop/Rasa-chat/env/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pyproject_hooks/_in_process/_in_process.py", line 118, in get_requires_for_build_wheel
          return hook(config_settings)
                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        File "/tmp/pip-build-env-wltefax9/overlay/lib/python3.12/site-packages/setuptools/build_meta.py", line 325, in get_requires_for_build_wheel
          return self._get_build_requires(config_settings, requirements=['wheel'])
                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        File "/tmp/pip-build-env-wltefax9/overlay/lib/python3.12/site-packages/setuptools/build_meta.py", line 295, in _get_build_requires
          self.run_setup()
        File "/tmp/pip-build-env-wltefax9/overlay/lib/python3.12/site-packages/setuptools/build_meta.py", line 487, in run_setup
          super().run_setup(setup_script=setup_script)
        File "/tmp/pip-build-env-wltefax9/overlay/lib/python3.12/site-packages/setuptools/build_meta.py", line 311, in run_setup
          exec(code, locals())
        File "<string>", line 34, in <module>
      RuntimeError: Python version 2.7 or 3.4+ is required.
      [end of output]

note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.
error: subprocess-exited-with-error

× Getting requirements to build wheel did not run successfully.
│ exit code: 1
╰─> See above for output.

note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.
❯ python -V
Python 3.12.1

The supported python versions are shown in the install docs here. 3.12 is not supported.

Hello my friend, you can check my latest youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cWxPx9f2Uc

I demonstrated how can we download rasa framework without pip install error. You can check the second video to change the structure of the chatbot :slight_smile: