Rasa in VS code

rasa : The term ‘rasa’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the
spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again. At line:1 char:1

• rasa init
  •   + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (rasa:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException.

im getting this error plz help

environment is activated python - 3.7.6 conda - 4.8.2 rasa - (rasa init or rasa --version cmd works on anaconda prompt)

Hi @Aszn. How did you install rasa? What operating system?

I have the same problem. I installed it on windows 10 using this youtube video Installing Rasa Open Source: Windows 10 (64 bit) - YouTube I activated the environement where I installed rasa, and it’s still not recognized. Can you please help @tyd ?

@Kimbel What happens when you run rasa init in Anaconda Prompt?

I also installed rasa in windows 10 with VS Code and then I run rasa init remind me that ‘The term ‘rasa’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program’.

@FlorianZhangF Did you install it like suggested in the YouTube Video? If so, what happens when you run rasa init in Anaconda Prompt?

Hi, I also ran into this error. Did someone find a solution in the end?

I get the same error, also when I run it in Anaconda Promt.

I have installed rasa using anaconda3 and it runs well. Now I’m trying to conncect it with vs code. Can somebody share the process?

Hello and Welcome to the forum @knivedita12!

What do you mean by connecting rasa with VS code? If you want to run the rasa project you just need to open the project folder in VS Code. Let me tell you some generic steps:

1. Download the latest VS code
  2. Click on File menu option > Open folder (you will see all the project-related files in the right side console or window
  3. Activate the Conda environment using Terminal (click on the terminal from the menu option > new terminal > go to the project directory or just activate using command conda activate <your environment>
  4. You can even set the Python interpreter (for opening a specific environment using Clt+ Shift + P and then select the python interpreter > select the anaconda python path), you can even check some youtube videos for that how to set the environment in VS code
  5. When you activate the environment you can run the rasa commands for executing the codes.
  6. For the new terminal you will see + sign at the right side of the console and just click you can open the second terminal or you can use terminal > new terminal menu options for the same.

Good Luck!

1 Like

Hello!, whien trying 'conda activate I get an error: ‘conda’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file or executable program.